Let's Talk Rankings

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Let's Talk Rankings

Post by TrilliumFlt »

Within the CYYZ scene how do the managed operations rank, lets go top down. Go dirt just put them in an order you feel is representitive for each.
---------- ADS -----------

CorpPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Let's Talk Rankings

Post by CorpPilot »

That is a very tough thing to do, for many reasons. Most of these companies have many opportunity's within their ranks of varying levels QOL on the same equipment. Ill give you an example... Chartright has almost 10 Challenger 300/350's. Some of them are 3 crew, some 2, some are charter friendly birds with no limit, some are limited and some arent available at all to the charter fleet. Rates of pay (using a captain as the example) vary from 120-180K for the same aircraft. QOL varies drastically for an individual and some pilots love charter, some dont and some are in the middle. Find the one that fits you.

I think the best way to rank the companies would be/should be based on the management and how staff are treated in the current day. I have worked for 5 of them in YYZ and I can tell you that in the current day, the management at all of them are great. Corporate is all about finding that perfect (as close as you can realistically get) fit. Its almost like going to AC... There are so many options that fit us all. Good luck!

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

CorpPilot wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:34 am That is a very tough thing to do, for many reasons. Most of these companies have many opportunity's within their ranks of varying levels QOL on the same equipment. Ill give you an example... Chartright has almost 10 Challenger 300/350's. Some of them are 3 crew, some 2, some are charter friendly birds with no limit, some are limited and some arent available at all to the charter fleet. Rates of pay (using a captain as the example) vary from 120-180K for the same aircraft. QOL varies drastically for an individual and some pilots love charter, some dont and some are in the middle. Find the one that fits you.

I think the best way to rank the companies would be/should be based on the management and how staff are treated in the current day. I have worked for 5 of them in YYZ and I can tell you that in the current day, the management at all of them are great. Corporate is all about finding that perfect (as close as you can realistically get) fit. Its almost like going to AC... There are so many options that fit us all. Good luck!
This.

Find the plane and ownership group that fits your work/life balance and don't be afraid to negotiate and build something better than the over the desk offer you get with the ball and chain attached.

Some guys just wanna do 100 hrs a year and own a beach hut bar in the Carribean. Others wanna max out T4 and shoot for the moon with lots of unique destinations. There is a solution for every pilot, you just have to knock on enough doors.

It's going to get really good soon. AC is hiring like mad, and my colleagues are telling me ground schools aren't filling. JAZZ is hiring DEC. If I were switching seats in corporate, there's a good chance I would hold off on signing any financial ball and chains unless I got the perfect package for the next 2-5 years.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

1) Chartright
2) Skyservice
3) Execaire
4) NovaJet
5) the rest

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

'97 Tercel wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 pm 1) Chartright
2) Skyservice
3) Execaire
4) NovaJet
5) the rest
Based on what?

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

As others have said it’s highly dependent on the owners. The list above means nothing if you have a first time owner with SkyService who’s gonna realize a mid size biz jet costs a lot of $$$ and sells after a year.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

780Pilot wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:51 am As others have said it’s highly dependent on the owners. The list above means nothing if you have a first time owner with SkyService who’s gonna realize a mid size biz jet costs a lot of $$$ and sells after a year.
Management company work is brutal, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. You’re best to work directly for the owner and run your own AOC

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:43 am
780Pilot wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:51 am As others have said it’s highly dependent on the owners. The list above means nothing if you have a first time owner with SkyService who’s gonna realize a mid size biz jet costs a lot of $$$ and sells after a year.
Management company work is brutal, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. You’re best to work directly for the owner and run your own AOC
I agree. Buddy of mine was at 4/5 mentioned in the list. Fly for a year or two then it goes under. And the cycle continues. Zero job security.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

780Pilot wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:06 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:43 am
I agree. Buddy of mine was at 4/5 mentioned in the list. Fly for a year or two then it goes under. And the cycle continues. Zero job security.
There’s definitely revolving doors, zero loyalty, zero reliable schedule, zero quality of life, pay an extra 5-10% to work you like whipped dogs.
The only ones that last longer than their two year bonds are the few endorsed on rarer less desirable positions/aircraft (paid a bit more), but mainly, soulless desperate neophyte/sycophants with no self worth, no situational awareness, and nowhere else to go.

Return to “Corporate”