Do airlines look at driving records and car accidents?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

travelisfun
Rank 1
Rank 1

Do airlines look at driving records and car accidents?

Post by travelisfun »

BC resident. 4 years ago at age 19, when I was inexperienced in driving, I was found to be at fault for a small accident when trying to parallel park. I haven't had any issues since then and haven't driven in nearly 2 years.
Will this affect me when I apply to the major airlines? Will I even have to disclose this since it is so minor?
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Do airlines look at driving records and car accidents?

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

travelisfun wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:43 am BC resident. 4 years ago at age 19, when I was inexperienced in driving, I was found to be at fault for a small accident when trying to parallel park. I haven't had any issues since then and haven't driven in nearly 2 years.
Will this affect me when I apply to the major airlines? Will I even have to disclose this since it is so minor?
You sound perfect for airline work

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

travelisfun wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:43 am BC resident. 4 years ago at age 19, when I was inexperienced in driving, I was found to be at fault for a small accident when trying to parallel park. I haven't had any issues since then and haven't driven in nearly 2 years.
Negative you have zero to worry about across the board. You're fine. Go have a happy and safe career.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

I haven't heard of any airlines doing this, but smaller companies might. If you need to drive company vehicles, their insurance might ask for more info to check you're not too big of a liability.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Flight94
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flight94 »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:06 am
LOL

Seriously though, no, not a problem

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

Is that the reason you quit driving? Do you have a pilots licence? If you're afraid to drive then flying might not be the career for you.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Flight94 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:47 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:06 am
LOL

Seriously though, no, not a problem
I don’t know anyone that hasn’t had demerits or a fender bender at least once in their life. And yes I was being facetious lol

Return to “General Comments”