Min time at Jazz before applying to AC?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

oakmoss1889
Rank 1
Rank 1

Min time at Jazz before applying to AC?

Post by oakmoss1889 »

Do you need to put in a minimum amount of time at Jazz before you can apply to AC with the flow through? Or could you in theory apply on day 1 of Jazz if you meet the 2000hr ATPL requirements?
---------- ADS -----------

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Min time at Jazz before applying to AC?

Post by the-minister31 »

oakmoss1889 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 pm Do you need to put in a minimum amount of time at Jazz before you can apply to AC with the flow through? Or could you in theory apply on day 1 of Jazz if you meet the 2000hr ATPL requirements?
The flow thing says you need 2 years at Jazz before being eligible for AC. The way I understand it, you can theorically apply on day 1 eventually do the interview process and all, but you may not get the job before the 2 year mark.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Your interview at Jazz should be your “AC” interview. Put an HR and/or Chief Pilots from mainline (with veto rights) on the Jazz interview panel. If you are good enough to fly AC pax around several times a day into YYT hand flying Cat 3 ILS or landing a Q400 three times a day into the postage stamp that is Toronto Island or an RNP into Castlegar or three YYZ-LGA turns a day I’m pretty sure you can be an relief pilot flying 10 days a month

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

hithere wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:39 pm Your interview at Jazz should be your “AC” interview. Put an HR and/or Chief Pilots from mainline (with veto rights) on the Jazz interview panel. If you are good enough to fly AC pax around several times a day into YYT hand flying Cat 3 ILS or landing a Q400 three times a day into the postage stamp that is Toronto Island or an RNP into Castlegar or three YYZ-LGA turns a day I’m pretty sure you can be an relief pilot flying 10 days a month
The HR Department scoffs at your sensible idea. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

hithere wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:39 pm Your interview at Jazz should be your “AC” interview. Put an HR and/or Chief Pilots from mainline (with veto rights) on the Jazz interview panel. If you are good enough to fly AC pax around several times a day into YYT hand flying Cat 3 ILS or landing a Q400 three times a day into the postage stamp that is Toronto Island or an RNP into Castlegar or three YYZ-LGA turns a day I’m pretty sure you can be an relief pilot flying 10 days a month
Yup! 100% agree. We are "Air Canada" as far as the flying public is concerned. It's as simple as that. If that wasn't the case, we wouldn't have the same uniforms (minus the hat / wings logo) or the "Maple Leaf" painted on our planes... with the words "Air Canada (Express)"...

Air Canada has had a very good partnership with Jazz and we have their full trust. Jazz pilots have proven to be very professional, equal to mainline pilots, when it comes to safety and professionalism. From that point of view, I'm quite proud of the way we carry ourselves. I truly hope to see a day when there will be no more interviews for mainline (if you're a Jazz pilot).

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Well how else can AC pilots show they're better than Jazz :?

La Mouette
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by La Mouette »

flyingcanuck wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:11 pm Well how else can AC pilots show they're better than Jazz :?
By stopping to wear their sunglasses in the airport shuttle.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”