Liberals finally ending the vax mandate for travel

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Liberals finally ending the vax mandate for travel

Post by Bingo Fuel »

palebird wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:17 pm Are you aware that provincial political parties and federal political parties may share a name but ,otherwise, they are a very different beast? This is not the USA. It is very convoluted in Canada.A Liberal in BC is not necessarily a JT lover. Anyways do you remember McGuinty and Wynne? Two of the most blatantly corrupt politicians who recently ran Ontario into the ground. Ford is a shining light compared to those two fools.
Perhaps I should have been more clear. I was referring to the Ontario Liberals, and Ontario NDP in my last post. I know the Ontario NDP platform very well. 97 pages full of solutions to Ontario's problems. Fully costed. The Ontario PC party only put out a single page. It still wasn't enough to convince Ontario voters, and I accept that. The Ontario NDP needs to do better at listening to the needs of the working class.

I donated my license plate sticker refund to the Ontario NDP, and canvassed for them during the last election. So trust me, I understand plenty why people hate the Liberals and NDP. I had it thrown in my face every day, but at least I hit the road and acted on my beliefs. I'll probably be doing it again next time, too.

In my riding, the NDP candidate won by less than 1000 votes. At least I can feel like I was a part of that win, and that my actions made a difference.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Bingo Fuel on Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:39 pm …. canvassed for them during the last election. So trust me, I understand plenty why people hate the Liberals and NDP. I had it thrown in my face every day, but at least I hit the road and acted on my beliefs. I'll probably be doing it again next time, too.
What ever else, you’re brave…

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Ontario Liberals and NDP: Dr. Evil and angry Karen? The McGuinty and Wynne Lieberals were so bad Ontario will probably be conservative for the next 20 years. We still remember the Bob Rae years too! :wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

We still remember Mike Harris too.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

https://tnc.news/2022/06/17/liberals-bl ... trictions/

Liberals block release of the science used to mandate restrictions. Is this because there really was no science behind the decisions being made?

You would think with all the lives saved they would wear the badge of honour proudly. They would say the masking and restrictions at airport was worth it! The fact people are stuck in airports with delays, no hotels, sleeping on floors etc… this was all worth it because look how many lives we saved.

Unfortunately the reality is it was all for nothing. The liberals can’t show that any lives were saved or that the restrictions made any difference. 🤡 the only thing they can prove is they are destroying our economy and pissing off the average person just trying to get from a to b.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:40 pm And before you dig out your other inaccurate metaphors, let me point out that neither drinking alcohol nor obesity are contagious conditions.
Even worse. These conditions take up hospital beds, don't they? The hospital beds were the entire point of the stance against antivaxers. These conditions that you mentioned are brought on by personal choice. Where's your rally against these choices? What's the difference between a hospital bed being occupied by a vaxer, antivaxer, or a raging alcoholic? Is someone who consumes 10000 calories per day in Twinkies and sits on the couch better than an antivaxer? What about the liberals' best friend and reliable voter, the coastal heroin addict? They use a large amount of medical resources and funding.
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:54 am Just like airlines are in shambles and can’t staff airports, hospitals have the same issue as nurses found better jobs and left the profession.
Bingo. Covid is the West's introduction to third world socioeconomics. If the airlines (and other services for that matter) wanted staffing, they would take action to make it happen. If the government really wanted better medical staffing and facilities, they would attempt to make it so. This is the West's hard lesson on liberalism. The leftist public think they're sailing for utopia on a few sweet words, while in reality every industry is being systematically dismantled and rearranged. The new industrial era is upon us, but unfortunately includes no industry of importance in the West. These shitlibs are going to need alot of Zoloft when they realize you need manpower and industry to pay for utopia.

At any rate, the medical staffing shortages are intentional and will not improve.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:37 pm We still remember Mike Harris too.
Most of us remember him fondly.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

tsgarp wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:32 pm
A few groups of people who may disagree with you:

The residents of Walkerton
The protesters in Ipperwash Provincial Park
Those affected by the teacher's strike in 1997
Anyone with a loved one in a Long Term Care home that his government privatized
Anyone complaining about high electricity prices after the sale of Ontario Hydro
Anyone who pays to use the 407, which he leased off in 1999. Now it's one of the most expensive toll roads in the world.

Meanwhile Bob Rae made a tough call, asking public sector employees to take 12 unpaid days off, which saved billions of dollars and thousands of jobs.

So why does Mike Harris get a pass when Bob Rae doesn't?

Its been nearly 30 years. Holding Rae days against the Ontario NDP's next leader would be like holding Poilievre accountable for Mulroney's GST.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:27 pm
tsgarp wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:32 pm
A few groups of people who may disagree with you:

The residents of Walkerton
The protesters in Ipperwash Provincial Park
Those affected by the teacher's strike in 1997
Anyone with a loved one in a Long Term Care home that his government privatized
Anyone complaining about high electricity prices after the sale of Ontario Hydro
Anyone who pays to use the 407, which he leased off in 1999. Now it's one of the most expensive toll roads in the world.

Meanwhile Bob Rae made a tough call, asking public sector employees to take 12 unpaid days off, which saved billions of dollars and thousands of jobs.

So why does Mike Harris get a pass when Bob Rae doesn't?
Economically Bob Rae was at the wrong place at the wrong time; the early 90’s recession was well beyond his control. He was also saddled with a bunch of loony tune extremists in the NDP who made things worse with their tax policy and general anti-business attitude. Also, their extremist political correctness dogma made them no friends. Essentially, his government had no real grasp of economics and were willing to piss of/inconvenience the majority in order to play to their extremist base.

Harris, he was lucky enough to preside over the economic rebound and his government had the economic sense not to bungle it. Also, he realized that even though the voices coming from the fringes were the loudest, they were still just the fringes and put a stop to some of the sillier aspects of political correctness (the forerunner of social justice). He was a long way from perfect, but after five years of Unchecked NDP idiocy he was a true Godsend. It’s to bad he didn’t take a run at the PM’s office. Either he or Klein would have been good.

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

You guys and gals talk like government is the end all be all of life.

Government is the epitomy of incompetence. Pournelle's iron law of bureaucracy states that shit rises to the top. Hence why the political candidates suck, the bureaucrats have no incentive to do well, the managers are those who are loyal to the organization and not to the customers (us).

The best government is the government that governs least.

Stop bickering about who you're gonna vote for next time around - it won't do a thing. It's time to make government and the laptop elites take a back seat to the people.

-They destroyed the value of money so that you're now a prisoner in your own house, and everything will need to cost 40% higher just to make up for the covid years deficit spending.
-They relished in the ability to stop you from seeing loved ones and visit dying family and friends, all the while investing in lockdown stocks.
-They destroyed 2-5 years of your ability to save for retirement, and with inflation are destroying our senior's cpp and oas payments' value
-They created so much inflation, their only play is now to create a recession to depress stocks and housing to reduce it, further destroying your net worth, to then buy it at bottom prices from people who have no cash left and are forced to sell at a loss.
-When your country decided to peacefully protest on the streets of Ottawa, they labelled you as racist nazis and told you to go home, when you could barely afford to eat, heat, and drive to work. And then they seized the assets of those who participated with financial support.

Government is not your friend. Until you realize it, you will never be left alone.

For starters, start selectively ignoring unjust laws and dictates. Like masking, like going to get a booster that does SFA against modern variants and only endangers your life.
Starve the beast by reducing the taxes you pay with a business income and valid business expenses
Stop voting for leaders, start voting with your money.
Barter for tax free products and services, use cash, make your own beer/wine/spirits and any other products with massive "sin taxes".
Buy bitcoin (while it's falling atm, major hedge funds and banks are telling their investors to buy the dip because the accurate stock-to-flow model predicts $1 million BTC by 2030)
Pay down debt, and in the future, pay in totality for anything other than appreciating assets.

And when it comes to the airlines, don't accept any extra duties except in overtime pay, so that they get the hint and raise our salaries. Your time at home is worth more than they want you to believe.

CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

BigQ wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:22 am You guys and gals talk like government is the end all be all of life.

Government is the epitomy of incompetence. Pournelle's iron law of bureaucracy states that shit rises to the top. Hence why the political candidates suck, the bureaucrats have no incentive to do well, the managers are those who are loyal to the organization and not to the customers (us).

Stop bickering about who you're gonna vote for next time around - it won't do a thing. It's time to make government and the laptop elites take a back seat to the people.

-They destroyed the value of money so that you're now a prisoner in your own house, and everything will need to cost 40% higher just to make up for the covid years deficit spending.
-They relished in the ability to stop you from seeing loved ones and visit dying family and friends, all the while investing in lockdown stocks.
-They destroyed 2-5 years of your ability to save for retirement, and with inflation are destroying our senior's cpp and oas payments' value
-They created so much inflation, their only play is now to create a recession to depress stocks and housing to reduce it, further destroying your net worth, to then buy it at bottom prices from people who have no cash left and are forced to sell at a loss.
-When your country decided to peacefully protest on the streets of Ottawa, they labelled you as racist nazis and told you to go home, when you could barely afford to eat, heat, and drive to work. And then they seized the assets of those who participated with financial support.

Government is not your friend. Until you realize it, you will never be left alone.

For starters, start selectively ignoring unjust laws and dictates. Like masking, like going to get a booster that does SFA against modern variants and only endangers your life.
Starve the beast by reducing the taxes you pay with a business income and valid business expenses
Barter for tax free products and services, use cash, make your own beer/wine/spirits and any other products with massive "sin taxes".
Buy bitcoin (while it's falling atm, major hedge funds and banks are telling their investors to buy the dip because the accurate stock-to-flow model predicts $1 million BTC by 2030)
Pay down debt, and in the future, pay in totality for anything other than appreciating assets.

And when it comes to the airlines, don't accept any extra duties except in overtime pay, so that they get the hint and raise our salaries. Your time at home is worth more than they want you to believe.

Amen to all you said!
Finally someone with a good view of the situation. Government is and never will be our friend, we can live without them, they cannot live without us, let's vote with our money and starve the beast.
But the avcanada factcheckers won't probably open their mind and won't agree with you...

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:06 am Heard a rumour one of Canadas airlines is making a plan to return unvaccinated workers, including pilots. They will be required to sign away their ability to sue the company for being sent on leave for their medical choice as a condition to return. Might also be offered some financial compensation for the lost wages.

I guess this is good news.
Did anyone get their paperwork yet? What are the conditions to come back?

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

BigQ wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:22 am You guys and gals talk like government is the end all be all of life.

Exactly.

Cue the wailing leftists!

(thats the best kind)

Return to “Covid”