Writing IATRA soon (for the second time)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

petrokingz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Writing IATRA soon (for the second time)

Post by petrokingz »

Second time writing IATRA as first time was March 2020 and is now expired (I don't fall within the 10 month extension window)

Anyways, I've been studying quite a bit and decided to purchase nizus for this time around. Is it just me or did anyone else find that some of the nizus questions seem slightly more SAMRA/SARON level questions than IATRA. Like I said its been 2 years and I could just be quite rusty but I find I am scoring mid 70s on most of these exams and even failing a few here and there. I am using the sharper edge ATPL book for the exam prep along with some CPL notes.

Any tips from recent writers?

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

172DDriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Writing IATRA soon (for the second time)

Post by 172DDriver »

IATRA is "atpl light". It's going to be some of the same content as the SAMRA and SARON. Think about the type of flying you do with the IATRA. Its not SEL.

Blowin' In The Wind
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blowin' In The Wind »

In my opinion the Nizus questions are not representative of the IATRA exam. I too have written the exam twice.

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

petrokingz wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:33 pm Second time writing IATRA as first time was March 2020 and is now expired (I don't fall within the 10 month extension window)

Anyways, I've been studying quite a bit and decided to purchase nizus for this time around. Is it just me or did anyone else find that some of the nizus questions seem slightly more SAMRA/SARON level questions than IATRA. Like I said its been 2 years and I could just be quite rusty but I find I am scoring mid 70s on most of these exams and even failing a few here and there. I am using the sharper edge ATPL book for the exam prep along with some CPL notes.

Any tips from recent writers?

Cheers
Sorry I am not a recent writer. But.

aero course IATRA book was good, I have it. They now only have the ATPL book. Back then it was titled "IATRA/ATPL" PM me I can ship it to you. It got me 91 or 92 but this was 3 years ago ish. Alternatively, you can just go get the current Aerocourse atpl book and likely get a really good mark on IATRA

thomasfrank
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thomasfrank »

I have passed the IATRA writing exam. My secret is researching, and understanding aviation law, engines, airframes, instruments, flight theory, etc.

Return to “General Comments”