Mathematical modelling shows Covid vaccines saved nearly 20 million lives first year of vaccines.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Mathematical modelling shows Covid vaccines saved nearly 20 million lives first year of vaccines.

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani ... 6/fulltext

Just found this. Haven’t had a chance to dive in yet.

Quick math would be this….

7.5 billion global population to 20 million lives saved.

The ratio would be equivalent to saying 98,000 Canadians were saved from Covid death. But since we are more vaccinated the figure would have to be bigger, so like maybe 150k death’s averted here, because we are way above global average for vaccines.

Ok, is this bogus? Anyone actually believe that considering how low the deaths were the first year with no vaccines?

Time adjusting for our first vaccine in Canada this would mean just into the new year 2022 we would to have had about 100k more deaths from Covid which would be exponential from the current chart. But compare this to all the least vaccinated countries. Look in Africa where countries are less than 20 percent vaccinated, they saw pretty consistent waves of mortality and no spikes of 500 percent more deaths. How do they come up with this stuff?
E9D48B8D-954F-4D83-B1CE-09A65D420207.jpeg
E9D48B8D-954F-4D83-B1CE-09A65D420207.jpeg (382.55 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Canada would need to average an average of 270 more deaths per day if no vaccine to achieve this modelling. Why is it in Kenya with 17 percent vaccinated they don’t see huge spikes in deaths in this timeframe? Genuinely curious how a vaccine is apparently very effective, yet in places with low vaccines they also maintained relatively low deaths throug the same time period.
2406E60F-6512-4F06-BB34-72651C8C5524.jpeg
2406E60F-6512-4F06-BB34-72651C8C5524.jpeg (217.71 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
My follow up question would be... Now that many are not taken ng boosters and we are told 2 dose vaccine is not effective... Why aren't deaths taking off again? Things just not adding up.
---------- ADS -----------

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Mathematical modelling shows Covid vaccines saved nearly 20 million lives first year of vaccines.

Post by BigQ »

it's bogus because omicron and its variants are like 100x less lethal than the wild strain.

Trying to affix to leaky, "non-terminator" vaccines what omicron did to the world. Omicron is the vaccine.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Mathematical modelling shows Covid vaccines saved nearly 20 million lives first year of vaccines.

9DAFDC9F-DCA3-491D-A299-E73DCE63B30A.jpeg
9DAFDC9F-DCA3-491D-A299-E73DCE63B30A.jpeg (347.52 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Oh really? Can’t tell if he is serious because this past couple years my body my choice was not part of liberal logic.

While my opinion is that it’s not my business the choices people make. I will take today as a victory at the disruption of liberal logic. Enjoy it when your freedom’s are erased because liberals don’t believe in freedoms.

Oh wait I’m saying it wrong. Women want their Freedumbs to kill babies. Why don’t you start a Freedumbs protest with your Prius convoy to Ottawa… BEEP BEEP! Get that emergency act ready Trudeau… the overweight purple haired its are coming for you. Get Covid again and hide!

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

"Haven't had a chance to dive in yet?"
The Lancet is a medical journal meant to share peer-reviewed papers with the physician community.
These papers are not written for the layperson whose last biology education came in highschool.

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:18 am https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani ... 6/fulltext

Just found this. Haven’t had a chance to dive in yet.

Quick math would be this….

7.5 billion global population to 20 million lives saved.

The ratio would be equivalent to saying 98,000 Canadians were saved from Covid death. But since we are more vaccinated the figure would have to be bigger, so like maybe 150k death’s averted here, because we are way above global average for vaccines.

Ok, is this bogus? Anyone actually believe that considering how low the deaths were the first year with no vaccines?

Time adjusting for our first vaccine in Canada this would mean just into the new year 2022 we would to have had about 100k more deaths from Covid which would be exponential from the current chart. But compare this to all the least vaccinated countries. Look in Africa where countries are less than 20 percent vaccinated, they saw pretty consistent waves of mortality and no spikes of 500 percent more deaths. How do they come up with this stuff?

E9D48B8D-954F-4D83-B1CE-09A65D420207.jpeg
Canada would need to average an average of 270 more deaths per day if no vaccine to achieve this modelling. Why is it in Kenya with 17 percent vaccinated they don’t see huge spikes in deaths in this timeframe? Genuinely curious how a vaccine is apparently very effective, yet in places with low vaccines they also maintained relatively low deaths throug the same time period.
2406E60F-6512-4F06-BB34-72651C8C5524.jpeg

My follow up question would be... Now that many are not taken ng boosters and we are told 2 dose vaccine is not effective... Why aren't deaths taking off again? Things just not adding up.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

kgb531 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:32 am "Haven't had a chance to dive in yet?"
The Lancet is a medical journal meant to share peer-reviewed papers with the physician community.
These papers are not written for the layperson whose last biology education came in highschool.
:lol:

If I have learned anything this past couple years it’s don’t blindly trust these communities. Definitely read as much as you can and ask questions.

I am curious if any experts really believe without vaccines Canada would have had an additional 100k Covid deaths from the date of our first vaccine to 365 days afterwards. I would like these people to come out and explain what data they have to support that belief. And if this is a misrepresentation of reality, are these papers just paid for by big pharma to keep pushing garbage on the people for profits?

Lots of painkillers made their rounds and big pharma profit huge off of those. Pretty sure you could have found lots of papers on how good these pills are for everyone.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:53 am :lol:

If I have learned anything this past couple years it’s don’t blindly trust these communities. Definitely read as much as you can and ask questions.

I am curious if any experts really believe without vaccines Canada would have had an additional 100k Covid deaths from the date of our first vaccine to 365 days afterwards. I would like these people to come out and explain what data they have to support that belief. And if this is a misrepresentation of reality, are these papers just paid for by big pharma to keep pushing garbage on the people for profits?

Lots of painkillers made their rounds and big pharma profit huge off of those. Pretty sure you could have found lots of papers on how good these pills are for everyone.
Our resident avcanada microbiologist gives his latest opinion on covid.

Perhaps you should "dive in" to that lancet paper rather than relying on sketchy back-of-a-napkin logic.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:10 pm
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:53 am :lol:

Our resident avcanada microbiologist gives his latest opinion on covid.

Perhaps you should "dive in" to that lancet paper rather than relying on sketchy back-of-a-napkin logic.
No kidding, Karen from seat 28E is back arguing the front crew’s decisions making.
Which if they were drunken Russian operating an Antonov out of deep Congo I would understand :mrgreen:

But that’s not the case.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

F69BA14E-DA0A-4C71-928B-3FF439D18951.jpeg
F69BA14E-DA0A-4C71-928B-3FF439D18951.jpeg (479.26 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
The claim here is that Canada would have had between 218-658 thousand more deaths from Covid in a one year period if we had zero Covid vaccines.

Seems a little outrageous when we only had less than 30k deaths in the first year prior to vaccines. We also had zero or very little vaccinated for delta and alpha. We only reached significant vaccination prior to omicron.

All of these models are significantly exaggerated from any historical data being compared.

Furthermore what makes this hilarious is apparently 2 doses you are considered not vaccinated because the efficacy wears off. So how do you argue a vaccine saved half a million lives in Canada, yet it’s no longer effective, and again at the same time the trend of current deaths among those with 2 doses or less is not substantially different from those who keep getting boosted. One giant contradiction after another.

TG you think if we stop boosters for a year, we will see 500k Covid deaths in Canada? Does the data remotely resemble any truth about the vaccines? It appears they give a huge amount of credit to vaccines when natural immunity could play a role, the variants like omicron being less deadly could play a role. Maybe there is more to this story than just vaccines being the primary reason we don’t have more deaths from Covid. Thoughts?

WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

Those who wish to get vaxxed should.

Those who don't want to shouldn't.

It is really that simple.

Nobody should be pressured to, or not to.

Nobody should be discriminated against, or shamed either, for whatever choice they make.

People need to let others do their own thing, be it masking or mask free. Vaxxed, or vax free.
It is really that simple!
But discrimination and pressuring others to do what you feel is the proper choice, makes you the problem, not the person who is also making their own choice.

All forms of discrimination are wrong!

No picking and choosing in my opinion.

You do you...I'll do me...

Whitney
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

WANP wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:00 am Those who wish to get vaxxed should.

Nobody should be discriminated against, or shamed either, for whatever choice they make.

People need to let others do their own thing, be it masking or mask free. Vaxxed, or vax free.
But discrimination and pressuring others to do what you feel is the proper choice, makes you the problem, not the person who is also making their own choice.

If everyone thought like that we wouldn’t have any problems. Pure and simple.

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 am
WANP wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:00 am Those who wish to get vaxxed should.

If everyone thought like that we wouldn’t have any problems. Pure and simple.
I would even say there could be a time a vaccine should be mandatory. It could be justified to make a vaccine mandatory. However what qualifies a vaccine to be mandatory should be extremely strict. I would only consider a mandatory vaccine if a disease was extremely deadly like Ebola. Has extreme spread like chicken pox, the vaccine is very effective like smallpox vax. And it also has to be very safe. Should a vaccine be mandatory when it’s fast tracked and not fully complete trials?

If these don’t all line up it’s time to question why it should be mandatory. The only thing Covid would qualify under on the criteria above is transmissibility, and likely vaccine safety. I would say the disease is not dangerous enough to most people, and the vaccine is also not effective enough. People are still catching and spreading Covid post vaccine, which really takes away the argument that getting the vaccine plays a big role in the overall health of the community. It plays a limited role.

But all that said above, if an Ebola like virus had a transmission like Covid and a vaccine was available that was as effective and safe as the smallpox vaccine, do you think you would have to make it mandatory? Hell no, people would like up to get vaccinated ASAP. The lesson being is things usually work themselves out without intervention, because people when given the right information usually make the right choices. Kids don’t need a Covid vaccine, it’s ridiculous. Glad we never got there, but we almost did. Lots of 12 plus age kids were taken out of sports and activities and this was BS.

I never want to see this unfold this way again, but I’m not optimistic about our collective decisions. We are very polarized, roe v wade being the next example, where one side thinks they should make decisions for the other side. I just can’t believe all the people who think they know best for someone else. I hope as a society we start to distance ourselves from government, and bring back more individual responsibilities and choice. There is a place for some government, but the government always needs to know the people hold the power, they work for us, not the other way around.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Again: Rumble.com --> Right wing disinformation platform that promotes conspiracy theories, manipulated videos and general violent hate filled garbage.
And no! It doesn't mean one HAVE to be a Left wing nuts to disapprove of this crap website (Or feed on CBC)

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

TG wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:39 pm
Again: Rumble.com --> Right wing disinformation platform that promotes conspiracy theories, manipulated videos and general violent hate filled garbage.
And no! It doesn't mean one HAVE to be a Left wing nuts to disapprove of this crap website (Or feed on CBC)
"right wing" "disinformation" "conspiracy" "manipulated" "violent" "hate filled"

Did you get all the stereotypical "progressive" rejection tropes in there?

Nothing of substance to offer. Just call them racist misogynists.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

Typical leftie mentality. They think because you source from these websites, it must be fake. Notice many videos I posted from Rumble/Bitchute/YouTube are actually mainstream media replays, but of course, they will say it was edited or discredit many doctors and scientists who speak against the narrative. It’s a massive cult/Psychosis.

We all know the left is full of fake news . Just look at the health science that has been tormenting Canadians and dictating unfair and unjust health policies while folks in Florida live normal lives.

Look at the “Science Table” and all the garbage predictions Tam was 100% wrong the whole time. She got awarded a pay raise..

Liberals can’t answer a single question with any scientific justification for their actions.

Enough said. This is all political science, but unfortunately we have “collaborators” in society that side with the oppressors. They just don’t realize, they are victims too…

Mark Twain
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

DonTomas wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 am We all know the left is full of fake news .
Ten words have never said so much about a person.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

goingmissed wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:40 am
DonTomas wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 am We all know the left is full of fake news .
https://mobile.twitter.com/Franktmcveet ... ews-report

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... 1dfcc/amp/

https://www.westernstandard.news/manito ... 401f3.html

Mark Twain
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

DonTomas wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:46 am
Oh my, a tweet of a picture of a dummy that was used to practice intubation has change my mind on everything. Thank you for all of your help in showing me that everything I thought I knew true was just a lie to perpetrate the big reset.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

goingmissed wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:54 am
DonTomas wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:46 am

Oh my, a tweet of a picture of a dummy that was used to practice intubation has change my mind on everything. Thank you for all of your help in showing me that everything I thought I knew true was just a lie to perpetrate the big reset.

What about the other links? Mind you, I can provide many more but you are so brainwashed, there is no point. Go along now and watch CBC like a good little slave. 🙄

Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:29 am
TG wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:39 pm
"right wing" "disinformation" "conspiracy" "manipulated" "violent" "hate filled"

Did you get all the stereotypical "progressive" rejection tropes in there?

Nothing of substance to offer. Just call them racist misogynists.
Watching Youporn doesn’t make you or me rapist. Naughty yes but rapist no.

Return to “Covid”