YVR Boot camp

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

YVR Boot camp

Post by Aguaymanto »

Has anyone been invited to the boot camp for YVR? I did my interview in April but haven't heard anything yet.

Figured it might be worthwhile to make a separate thread for the BC people here.
---------- ADS -----------

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR Boot camp

Post by kaye.boe »

Not boot-camp, but I was invited to an in-person assessment for YVR in June! :)

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

kaye.boe wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:03 am Not boot-camp, but I was invited to an in-person assessment for YVR in June! :)
I guess they don't call it boot camp anymore (or maybe they never did, might've just been a term they use on this forum), so congrats!

Did you have your interview in April as well? My workday account still says it's under review, so I'm (im)patiently waiting!

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Aguaymanto wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:19 am
kaye.boe wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:03 am Not boot-camp, but I was invited to an in-person assessment for YVR in June! :)
I guess they don't call it boot camp anymore (or maybe they never did, might've just been a term they use on this forum), so congrats!

Did you have your interview in April as well? My workday account still says it's under review, so I'm (im)patiently waiting!
Haven't done the interview yet. I believe the In-Person Assessment is the FEAST. They don't mention the name FEAST in any parts of the e-mail or workday though haha.

Boot camp is probably still called that, I just haven't gotten that far. Good luck to you too!

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

kaye.boe wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:49 am
Aguaymanto wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:19 am

Haven't done the interview yet. I believe the In-Person Assessment is the FEAST. They don't mention the name FEAST in any parts of the e-mail or workday though haha.

Boot camp is probably still called that, I just haven't gotten that far. Good luck to you too!
Right! Sorry I forgot that in-person assessment meant FEAST. Brain wasn't working when I replied haha.

Good luck with the FEAST!

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

Received an email today saying I achieved the minimum pass mark for the interview, so things seem to be moving again!

No notice for when the boot camp will be, though.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Anyone else doing YVR FEAST this week or last? :)

Last edited by kaye.boe on Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edison.G.Lee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Edison.G.Lee »

It must be a panel interview. I got the same email yesterday.

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

kaye.boe wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:18 am Anyone else doing YVR FEAST this week or last? :)

Just to confirm, when people are getting invites for FEAST it says "Invited to a half-day in person assessment" correct? I thought it was a full day? Also sounds like it might be boot camp (if they continued my glitched application from Feb).
When I was invited for FEAST all it said was "We would like to invite you to an onsite assessment" didn't specify half or full day.

This was in 2020 though they may have changed the wording.

Ben-YYZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ben-YYZ »

Im guessing they are slowly changing for all FIRs, in YYZ its now a half day assessment followed by a at home interview, another half day assessment (i think havent gotten that far yet) then potential offer

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 123123123 »

anyone with an update on YVR bootcamp? :?:

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

123123123 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:44 pm anyone with an update on YVR bootcamp? :?:
I wish! I got invited to an FSS BootCamp about a month ago. It was very short notice (3 days before the camp), and I didn't end up going (preference is ATC but now second-guessing my decision). Does anyone know if you fail the FSS BootCamp are you still eligible for the ATC ones?

Anyway, all I've heard from Nav recently was the email saying I achieved the minimum pass for the interview and then the invite for the FSS camp.

Did anyone else get invited to that?

I was expecting to have done the ATC BootCamp by now (or at least be invited)! From what I've read on here from other FIRs the bootcamps are all finished so looking like even more waiting is in store :?

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

Looks like I spoke too soon!

I was invited to the panel interview (which is the half-day Boot camp) on Tuesday.

Anyone else on here get the invite?

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Waiting for interview results (4 weeks as of Monday). Kinda hoping to get a bootcamp invite shortly after if they just started them next week 😅

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”