YQM Assessments/Training

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

YQM Assessments/Training

Post by Mevely »

Hey
Anyone have info on expected training dates (if you’re selected as qualified in all assessments of course) at YQM? I know they’re doing FEAST now just wondering if anyones heard anything or not
---------- ADS -----------

BBAK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YQM Assessments/Training

Post by BBAK »

Mevely wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:11 am Hey
Anyone have info on expected training dates (if you’re selected as qualified in all assessments of course) at YQM? I know they’re doing FEAST now just wondering if anyones heard anything or not
I’m not entirely sure - when I did my FEAST back in March they said fall or early 2023. I’m on the final step now so I’m hoping for a fall offer if I pass but we shall see.

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

I was told FSS in the fall, IFR in the new year, no VFR forecasted. Waiting on interview results now. I've heard they aren't doing any bootcamp in YQM anymore. Hopefully I find out one way or the other.

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

PAR.CYAW wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:15 am I was told FSS in the fall, IFR in the new year, no VFR forecasted. Waiting on interview results now. I've heard they aren't doing any bootcamp in YQM anymore. Hopefully I find out one way or the other.
Not sure if you heard back from your interview but I’m doing a one hour virtual assessment, which is after the interview at YQM

Yqmatc123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yqmatc123 »

Not sure if you heard back from your interview but I’m doing a one hour virtual assessment, which is after the interview at YQM
Hey, you mind sharing what the one hour virtual assessment was like. I’m scheduled for it next week, and I nave no idea what to expect. During FEAST, they mentioned this virtual interview is replacing bootcamp.

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

Yqmatc123 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:26 am
Hey, you mind sharing what the one hour virtual assessment was like. I’m scheduled for it next week, and I nave no idea what to expect. During FEAST, they mentioned this virtual interview is replacing bootcamp.
Can’t, cause I’m not doing it till Monday. Think there were only two options for this one. Monday and Tuesday

Yqmatc123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yqmatc123 »

Mevely wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:43 am
Can’t, cause I’m not doing it till Monday. Think there were only two options for this one. Monday and Tuesday
Right on! Doing it Tuesday myself. Best of luck with it!

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Yqmatc123 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:50 am

I got this invite as well which is weird because I already have an offer. Making me a little paranoid…

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

PAR.CYAW wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm
I got this invite as well which is weird because I already have an offer. Making me a little paranoid…
…. Oof. Did you email navcan?

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Mevely wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:57 pm
PAR.CYAW wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm

…. Oof. Did you email navcan?
Ya, just a mix up. Good luck to the two of you, hope to see you in the fall.

airraptor2023
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airraptor2023 »

They still have me in limbo. I'm still waiting to hear whether I passed the initial interview. A bit frustrating, as I would like to know one way or the other. I could probably read into it, that if others in my pool are moving on and I haven't heard anything, it's probably not a good sign.

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

airraptor2023 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 am
They still have me in limbo. I'm still waiting to hear whether I passed the initial interview. A bit frustrating, as I would like to know one way or the other. I could probably read into it, that if others in my pool are moving on and I haven't heard anything, it's probably not a good sign.
When did you do your interview ?

airraptor2023
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airraptor2023 »

Mevely wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:46 am

June 20th

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

airraptor2023 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:14 pm

June 20th
Honestly idk how they decide to review interviews but there’s people in Gander who did theirs way before me who also haven’t heard yet. I assumed it was first come first serve kinda thing but idk.

airraptor2023
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airraptor2023 »

Mevely wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:32 pm
airraptor2023 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:14 pm

June 20th
Honestly idk how they decide to review interviews but there’s people in Gander who did theirs way before me who also haven’t heard yet. I assumed it was first come first serve kinda thing but idk.
Yeah I have only guesses myself too how it's processed. Wishing you all the best though for the assessment Monday!

Yqmatc123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yqmatc123 »

Hey hopefully the interview went well for you today! Any tips on what to expect or how to prepare for it?

Thanks!

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

Yqmatc123 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:52 pm

Hey hopefully the interview went well for you today! Any tips on what to expect or how to prepare for it?

Thanks!
Hey sorry!
Didn’t come on the forum last night. I’m sure you’ve done yours by now. Did ya get the puzzle back together ?
I think mine went well!
How about you?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”