Great Slave Helicopters

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Great Slave Helicopters

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Is anyone here working for great slave these days?
---------- ADS -----------

MOAB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Great Slave Helicopters

Post by MOAB »

I would put the question out on Vertical vs Avcanaca, may get a lot more responses.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

MOAB wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:18 pm I would put the question out on Vertical vs Avcanaca, may get a lot more responses.
True, just trying to get some genuine feedback is all.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

MOAB wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:18 pm I would put the question out on Vertical vs Avcanaca, may get a lot more responses.
Agreed, it’s not the same company anymore from what I’m hearing. After DA folded it’s more like a ma and pa operator with a larger fleet. They are hiring from what I saw on vertical

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Big Blue is long gone, it’s just a northern Saskatchewan company now that has its main base in Yellowknife. The DA decommission was all part of its demise. GSH is gone now it’s GSH2018. I don’t even know anyone that’s there anymore. That said anyone that’s been doing this long enough has had their mits on these machines seasonally over the years much like Canadian, which was also re privatized in recent years. I think best bet to cash in would be smaller companies in Canada that have a foothold in certain strong markets like hydro or other government work which is very non existent anymore.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:03 pm Big Blue is long gone, it’s just a northern Saskatchewan company now that has its main base in Yellowknife. The DA decommission was all part of its demise. GSH is gone now it’s GSH2018. I don’t even know anyone that’s there anymore. That said anyone that’s been doing this long enough has had their mits on these machines seasonally over the years much like Canadian, which was also re privatized in recent years. I think best bet to cash in would be smaller companies in Canada that have a foothold in certain strong markets like hydro or other government work which is very non existent anymore.
Seems like a brand new company…. I agree most of Canada has worked there, and I can’t argue about your critique of aviation in Canada

Last edited by PitchLink on Tue May 03, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

If you're going to be a slave, at least be a great slave.
We don't pay that well, but you'll fly lots to make up for it. That was a decade ago, maybe it's changed.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

The Mole wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:34 am If you're going to be a slave, at least be a great slave.
We don't pay that well, but you'll fly lots to make up for it. That was a decade ago, maybe it's changed.
It’s not the same now that DA is gone, New owner that used to own north central back in the day. I’m seeing job ads for pilots and ames on indeed for $25-35 an hour a few months ago….

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:25 am
The Mole wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:34 am If you're going to be a slave, at least be a great slave.
It’s not the same now that DA is gone, New owner that used to own north central back in the day. I’m seeing job ads for pilots and ames on indeed for $25-35 an hour a few months ago….
I saw that too smh

crosstube
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crosstube »

The Great-Slave owner now did not owned North central heli its a different guy but he did owned Transwest Air in PA Sask.

Crosstube

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

crosstube wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:43 pm
The Great-Slave owner now did not owned North central heli its a different guy but he did owned Transwest Air in PA Sask.

Crosstube
I thought he owned north central, I know he owned transwest. North central is going back quite a ways back, like over 20 years

crosstube
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crosstube »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Crosstube
I thought he owned north central, I know he owned transwest. North central is going back quite a ways back, like over 20 years
No he did not. He ran Transwest air and Transwest Helicopters at one point and left to buy Great Slave. Can remember the name of NCH owner now but his 2 sons have and runs Arrowhead Helicopters in La Ronge. HTS bought North Central early 2000 If I recall I was flying for HTS at the time.

Crosstube

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

crosstube wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:12 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Crosstube
No he did not. He ran Transwest air and Transwest Helicopters at one point and left to buy Great Slave. Can remember the name of NCH owner now but his 2 sons have and runs Arrowhead Helicopters in La Ronge. HTS bought North Central early 2000 If I recall I was flying for HTS at the time.

Crosstube
You are correct, I know the name of the guy now…

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

Brooke Ede owned NCH. Great operator. Pat Campling Jr was partnered with the Glass family in Transwest air (formerly Athabaska Airways and LA Ronge Aviation before merging) prior to selling to West wind. Pat has deep pockets but frugal.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

kgb531 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:59 pm Brooke Ede owned NCH. Great operator. Pat Campling Jr was partnered with the Glass family in Transwest air (formerly Athabaska Airways and LA Ronge Aviation before merging) prior to selling to West wind. Pat has deep pockets but frugal.
Yep you got it. Pat owns GSH 2018 last I heard

Return to “Helicopter Forum”