Hmm...

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Hmm...

Post by cncpc »

https://www.nnsl.com/news/northwestern- ... -shortage/

Who is being accused of not providing mandatory training minimums in the press release?

It's a bit rich to say others are hiring pilots with only 250 hours, whereas NWAL has done exactly that for many years.

Let's hope things get better quickly for Northwestern. Fundamentally a good company with good people, and vital to the economy of Fort Smith.
---------- ADS -----------

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Hmm...

Post by fish4life »

I’d like to know where these airlines giving extravagant offers and “writing an open check” are that they claim?
Let me translate “for years we could take advantage of pilots by paying them shitty because they didn’t have enough experience to work anywhere else

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

I don't think that is an accurate statement about the pay at NWAL. It certainly isn't "shitty", and an awful lot of folks have gotten a good start there.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

cncpc wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:39 pm I don't think that is an accurate statement about the pay at NWAL. It certainly isn't "shitty", and an awful lot of folks have gotten a good start there.
You’re not honouring the expected consensus AvCan narrative.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Northern airlines hold a special appeal for some pilots, he said, which can help with recruitment.
Interesting interpretation of "special".

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “General Comments”