It’s his freek’in airplane

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

It’s his freek’in airplane

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

---------- ADS -----------

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: It’s his freek’in airplane

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Absolutely, it’s his bird and his business. Just shut up about being so environmentally conscious. We’re all hypocrites to some degree, but those of us that know it are smart enough to keep our traps shut. He deserves that bad press on this one.

I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

I know nothing about this, but note the "Air Drake" plane pictured looks to be a 767 with a CargoJet logo on it... So I'm guessing they at least manage/operate the plane for him. Which means it probably lives at YHM when not in use.... So my guess is those were positioning legs.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I WAS Pez wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:49 am I know nothing about this, but note the "Air Drake" plane pictured looks to be a 767 with a CargoJet logo on it... So I'm guessing they at least manage/operate the plane for him. Which means it probably lives at YHM when not in use.... So my guess is those were positioning legs.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... et-flights

I don't speak for the environmental lobby, but I suspect they would suggest that instead of flying to Pearson and needing the plane to be repositioned, he could have flown into CYHM and taken a limo.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Why does the PM get a free pass on this issue?

Cause he gets a free pass on everything?

Can’t imagine his carbon bill….

I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

photofly wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:07 pm
I WAS Pez wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:49 am I know nothing about this, but note the "Air Drake" plane pictured looks to be a 767 with a CargoJet logo on it... So I'm guessing they at least manage/operate the plane for him. Which means it probably lives at YHM when not in use.... So my guess is those were positioning legs.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... et-flights

I don't speak for the environmental lobby, but I suspect they would suggest that instead of flying to Pearson and needing the plane to be repositioned, he could have flown into CYHM and taken a limo.
He could also have taken a bus or a taxi. Or hitchhiked. But really, what's the point of money if one can't enjoy the perks? Not that I'm much of a fan of the ostentatiously wealthy's habit of excessive consumption... That's not the point though, that's just personal distaste. He can afford it, so good on him. He's also supposedly buying carbon offsets for the thing...

Huh, as a curiousity, I searched and found someone's compiled movements for the aircraft for a period 2020-2021. Looks like 80% or so of movements were to or from YHM. Only a few through YYZ.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I WAS Pez wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 pm
He could also have taken a bus or a taxi. Or hitchhiked. But really, what's the point of money if one can't enjoy the perks? Not that I'm much of a fan of the ostentatiously wealthy's habit of excessive consumption... That's not the point though, that's just personal distaste. He can afford it, so good on him. He's also supposedly buying carbon offsets for the thing...
I am far from a paid-up member of the environmental lobby, but when one buys bling with ones conspicuous wealth, one isn't harming everyone else. The narrative around burning fossil fuel is that it isn't just a personal matter because what rich people burn actively harms everyone else too.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “Corporate”