Cessna prebuy inspection In Yellowknife

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Laythe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Cessna prebuy inspection In Yellowknife

Post by Laythe »

Hey all, buying my first aircraft and it's located Yellowknife. Looking on information on how I can find a ame for an Inspection and any prebuy advise from someone who's purchased a aircraft before.

Thanks all!
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Cessna prebuy inspection In Yellowknife

Post by digits_ »

Laythe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:51 pm Hey all, buying my first aircraft and it's located Yellowknife. Looking on information on how I can find a ame for an Inspection and any prebuy advise from someone who's purchased a aircraft before.

Thanks all!
Ideally you fly your own mechanic up there to inspect it

Realistically you'll likely need to find a local mechanic who hasn't worked on the plane before. Search a bit online and start calling around . You'll likely find someone.

Be prepared to give them a list of things you want them to check out.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Cessna prebuy inspection In Yellowknife

Post by broken_slinky »

What digits_ said but also have your local AME do a serious comb through the maintenance records before you even make the trip. There may be red flags that would make the purchase not worth doing. That is unless you're willing to sink a ton of extra money into it because you just have to own this particular bird.

Return to “General Comments”