P4C members terminated

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

P4C members terminated

Post by strengthinumbers »

Word is 3 members of the Pilots 4 Change group have been fired by the airline and are no longer employed as pilots or union members.

Reasons for the termination unknown at the moment.

Anyone concerned by this news?
---------- ADS -----------

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: P4C members terminated

Post by bcflyer »

strengthinumbers wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:12 am Word is 3 members of the Pilots 4 Change group have been fired by the airline and are no longer employed as pilots or union members.

Reasons for the termination unknown at the moment.

Anyone concerned by this news?
Word is? Want to share your source? Otherwise it’s just another rumour.

Polar Bear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Polar Bear »

I see 2 P4C members going on LOA…which could be termination..I don’t know what happened but definitely not great…

CantTurfdaMurph
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CantTurfdaMurph »

This is why it's best for union reps to go fishing with management. That cozy relationship makes for great job security and better pairings for displacement

YULCompanyManDan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YULCompanyManDan »

CantTurfdaMurph wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:42 pm This is why it's best for union reps to go fishing with management. That cozy relationship makes for great job security and better pairings for displacement
You've had an incredible run mon ami!!

Nearly a decade avoiding the flight line is an impressive feat. I can only imagine the gift flight ops management is going to give you for your dedicated service. They certainly appreciate your tenacity for ignoring the will of the membership

Felicitations!

:smt008

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Memo out from ACPA today mentioning an LEC “resigned” from his position.

How many more memos are coming expressing their “thanks” for the time these P4C guys gave to the union?

This sh!t stinks. Stinks real bad.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Which base was this LEC member from? I’m assuming he was part of the P4C?

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

He was the YYZ LEC chair. The P4C website had him listed as a member.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Initials JJ?

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

Looks to me like they are getting their ducks in a row prior to the contract re-opener next year. Anyone willing to rock the boat/shake up the cozy relationship between ACPA and the company will not be tolerated.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

hithere wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:52 amInitials JJ?
No. JJ was not the LEC chair.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

Just let me sign a card for ALPA. What do we have to do?

CantTurfdaMurph
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CantTurfdaMurph »

FL030 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:27 pm Just let me sign a card for ALPA. What do we have to do?
ALPA will just send dues south of the border plus cost you more money

Me & the Boyz got you covered. Don't mess with our displacements or are buddy relationship with management

We got you 767 & 777 freighters with more to come

Pilot costs are essential to business plans & capturing the flying. Make no mistake. The School of ACPA has trained the Old Boys well. It's run by managers who used to be acpa reps. It's the most the grass-fed training there is

Look at all the graduates and what they do to shave costs from pilots

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

These satire accounts are both funny and infuriating because at the end of the day, somewhere deep inside ACPA there is some truth in all this jest.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm These satire accounts are both funny and infuriating because at the end of the day, somewhere deep inside ACPA there is some truth in all this jest.
I think it is hilarious. Yes the truth is infuriating but laughing at yourself is good medicine.

CantTurfdaMurph :lol:

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm These satire accounts are both funny and infuriating because at the end of the day, somewhere deep inside ACPA there is some truth in all this jest.
You mean there are angry, young, white, privileged men?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

alkaseltzer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:37 pm
You mean there are angry, young, white, privileged men?
I resemble that remark.

ReturnoftheMike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ReturnoftheMike »

Feral fools,

There is nothing funny about this abundant mood of defiance. The essential task of securing jobs by capturing flying is a proven strategy like the game of limbo - the game of how far can we get pilots to bend backwards by lowering the bar. We are now a world acclaimed champion of the sport and soon will be in position to be a "Top 10 World Limbo Airline". Never has the world seen so many middle aged men bend so far back for so little. Even company doctors are impressed with this sort of flexibility during medicals.

I hear the inevitable colic children crying about this plan but it is imperative to recognize the crisis the airline is in, or will be in or could be in but isnt in according to investors calls yet always is in when it is time to orchestrate the next "deal".

As for this apparent "labor" shortage - Me & the boyz never could have predicted this international pilot shortage despite every single government, aircraft manufacturer and school predicting this to occur. Who knew that airplanes need pilots to fly them and there could be value in their training & experience

The 10 yrs 2% raise per year contract was a strategic masterpiece and so was taking 10% permanent wage cuts when you have such a deal. We are ever so lucky to have Blake, Rob & Dan around for the next round. The ground has no limit on how low we can go.

They are earning their full displacements daily this summer and it's busy managing the maintenance of the Cottage and their frequent discussions with management. Although no quantitative analysis for future negotiations has been completed, rumour is the terminals aren't empty anymore so armed with that critical piece of information, they are optimistic there will be minimal concessions moving forward. I think we can all agree in welcoming the news of minimal concessions.

As for communication issues this summer, please be understanding given the spotty cell reception up in cottage country and while we would love to get land internet at our 2nd homes, we just don't have the funding given our absence from the flightline and lost per diems plus we are capped at 82 hrs. These are the sacrifices leaders must make but will make for the members.

In Solidarity, Mike

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Another email from ACPA, another P4C member “RESIGNS” from his position.

YYZ LEC Councillor - JG.

I met this guy and heard him speak a couple times. He was very passionate about what he was doing and came across extremely professional.

In my opinion, there’s no way he resigned from this position on his own accord.

ACPA appears to be openly showing just how corrupt they really are. And the membership is letting them get away with it.

What a fu*king mess.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

strengthinumbers wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:35 am Another email from ACPA, another P4C member “RESIGNS” from his position.

YYZ LEC Councillor - JG.

I met this guy and heard him speak a couple times. He was very passionate about what he was doing and came across extremely professional.

In my opinion, there’s no way he resigned from this position on his own accord.

ACPA appears to be openly showing just how corrupt they really are. And the membership is letting them get away with it.

What a fu*king mess.
There is always more to the story.

Why all of the cloak and dagger?

Return to “Air Canada”