Crew Visa to the States for an expat pilot

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

A03774
Rank 0
Rank 0

Crew Visa to the States for an expat pilot

Post by A03774 »

An expat pilot here got an interview from a Canadian company for regular cargo flights to the States.
The major obstacle for me is that I don't have a Canadian passport for the crewmember visa to cross the border.

Can I apply for the crewmember visa( D visa) with another country passport or do I need support from the company I may work for?

Many thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

fsantana
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Crew Visa to the States for an expat pilot

Post by fsantana »

I had a crew visa when I didn’t have a Canadian passport.
You will need an employment letter to support your crew visa (C1/D) application.
As your employer for a letter so that you can submit your application.

A03774
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by A03774 »

Thank you, sir!

fsantana wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:23 pm I had a crew visa when I didn’t have a Canadian passport.
You will need an employment letter to support your crew visa (C1/D) application.
As your employer for a letter so that you can submit your application.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

A03774 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:15 pm An expat pilot here got an interview from a Canadian company for regular cargo flights to the States.
The major obstacle for me is that I don't have a Canadian passport for the crewmember visa to cross the border.

Can I apply for the crewmember visa( D visa) with another country passport or do I need support from the company I may work for?

Many thanks!
As stated above you will need a letter from your employer.

Just be aware that this is a very time consuming process - several months if I remember correctly. You will need to submit your passport. I had a second passport so I was able to continue working while my application was being processed.

You will need to make an appointment with the nearest US Embassy/Consulate. They have very stringent security requirements when you visit in person.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
intake
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by intake »

Anyone renewed their C1/D US visa as of late? I’m in the process and it’s a nightmare!! The automated system has determined that I can renew via the interview waiver program. Not ideal as they want your passport/ documents for 4-6 weeks. A little hard to continue flying to the states with no passport. I have tried to explain to them that I need an “in person interview” to reduce the time my passport is out of my hands ( usually 2-3 days). Any help from anyone would be appreciated. TIA. Intake

Frosior57
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Frosior57 »

Hi guys,

Just for your information, I got my C1D crew visa about a month ago.

Little tip : once your rdv is booked. Ask to get an accelerated process (on the website where you booked your appointment). Then choose the date and the embassy you want and precise you need the C1D visa for your job (you are a pilot).

I did that and received an appointment 2 weeks later at the embassy i wanted (a different one than my original rdv).
1 week after the embassy appointment, I had my passport with the crew visa and they gave me a visitor visa in extra (B1-B2).

Raph

Return to “Employment Forum”