Advise on first flying job at 500 hours?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

IJNShiroyuki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Advise on first flying job at 500 hours?

Post by IJNShiroyuki »

propfeather wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:39 pm
IJNShiroyuki wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:11 am
propfeather wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 am

Absolutely do not become an instructor. What a terrible attitude.
Like someone else said, if you can afford to fly your own plane, stick to that.
It not an "attitude". I'm just not good at explaining and teaching things. It's not like I'm going to be grump and rude if I have to be an instructor, it is more like a self awareness of not good at teaching.
Dude, come on. If you know that you aren't good at explaining or teaching things, how do you think it would be a good idea to TEACH brand new students how to fly?
Isn’t that exactly the point? Some people is just not good at teaching, it is not an “attitude”.
---------- ADS -----------

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

IJNShiroyuki wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:11 am
propfeather wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 am
IJNShiroyuki wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:23 am But it just feels so wrong that I know I will be a terrible teacher and probably ruin some studen't flying experience and waste their money, but I had to as that's what the industry is forcing new pilots to do. I will look into getting my instructor rating furthur after my trip to the north, if I didn't get an offer after a few weeks after the trip, will start on the rating.
Absolutely do not become an instructor. What a terrible attitude.
Like someone else said, if you can afford to fly your own plane, stick to that.
It not an "attitude". I'm just not good at explaining and teaching things. It's not like I'm going to be grump and rude if I have to be an instructor, it is more like a self awareness of not good at teaching.

Prior points and reasons aside getting an instructor rating is learning how to teach using a TC syllabus. At the point you are ready to become an instructor you know how to fly, the rating is about creating a tool box of effective teaching styles and concepts to impart knowledge to the student. My point is that by the time you have reached the skill level to successfully pass a class 4 ride you will realize that you now have a tool box to guide students on their own path to learning. However if you truly detest the idea of being an instructor then definitely don’t do it

static_invertor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by static_invertor »

Please don't instruct if you don't want to instruct.

Also, if you're a 1000 hour instructor and you're sick of your job and the management, please quit. No one wants to fly with a toxic instructor.

Return to “Employment Forum”