Converting too australian license

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Lowtimer96
Rank 0
Rank 0

Converting too australian license

Post by Lowtimer96 »

Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone knows if its worth converting too an australian license as a 100 hour wonder? Been ground for 4 years, so far all I've gotten was a broken back and torn *ss hole.
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Converting too australian license

Post by Heliian »

Converting licenses isn't difficult, just contact the local authorities.

HOWEVER, Australia has strict work and immigration policies that you'll need to look into.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

I always got the impression..it was the other way around...jeeze there's a lot of Auzzie/NZ accents on 126.7! :roll:

Keep the dirty side down.
MOAB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MOAB »

If I'm not mistaken, if your under 30 you can get a 1 year work visa, talk to a school down there for your conversion and maybe consider looking at the instruction route.

Most guys from down there that I have worked with flew tours, lots of nice coastline to be seen from helicopters.

Best of luck

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Lowtimer96 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:17 pm Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone knows if its worth converting too an australian license as a 100 hour wonder? Been ground for 4 years, so far all I've gotten was a broken back and torn *ss hole.
Considering most of the Aussie’s and kiwis under 5000hrs come here and work for peanuts idk if it’ll be worth going there, especially since there’s no work in Canada and they keep coming ☹️.
The under 30 work visa is actually a STUDENT visa as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. I don’t know if you’ll get many hours if any but it is a beautiful country, and it would be a life experience for sure. Sorry to hear about your back and prison wallet, seems to be a continuous trend here in Canada’s rotary world lol

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

MOAB wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm If I'm not mistaken, if your under 30 you can get a 1 year work visa, talk to a school down there for your conversion and maybe consider looking at the instruction route.

Most guys from down there that I have worked with flew tours, lots of nice coastline to be seen from helicopters.

Best of luck
You can get a holiday working visa for Australia, but a least when I looked into it you couldn't hold a "professional" job or work more than few months for the same employers and work was suppose to be for supporting your travel/holiday. The reciprocal visa for Canada is wide open, no restrictions and easily extended a year. In Oz its for picking fruit and banging British birds in Arlie beach.

MOAB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MOAB »

Hahaha your absolutely right! I missed out big time.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

The Mole wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:51 pm
MOAB wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm If I'm not mistaken, if your under 30 you can get a 1 year work visa, talk to a school down there for your conversion and maybe consider looking at the instruction route.

Best of luck
You can get a holiday working visa for Australia, but a least when I looked into it you couldn't hold a "professional" job or work more than few months for the same employers and work was suppose to be for supporting your travel/holiday. The reciprocal visa for Canada is wide open, no restrictions and easily extended a year. In Oz its for picking fruit and banging British birds in Arlie beach.
The HPV capital of the universe apparently lol

Return to “Helicopter Forum”