Recruiting and Retention Bonus

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Recruiting and Retention Bonus

Post by lownslow »

pitottubey wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:24 am Wait AC is getting rid of the flat pay?
LMAO no. I’ll believe it once people are collecting it, until then it’s hopeful rumour.
---------- ADS -----------

Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

TC.Enforcement wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:40 pm
Arnie Pye wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:01 am I'm glad you love the retention bonus. No one else does. Anyone under the age of 40 will continue to go to Air Canada.
Speak for yourself. I love the bonus. I was already on planning on staying, so this is just free money. I'm well under 40 and have ZERO desire to go to AC. Many of my colleagues at my base have actually said the same thing. It's so tiring listening to pilots bitch about salary especially when we are already paid a significant fraction more then the general population for a job that quite frankly isn't that hard and doesn't have a difficult barrier to entry.
You have a bright future. You have management written all over you.
Completely missing the point we have third world salaries compared to the rest of the world. Why would those greedy pilots want to try and improve conditions eh. It’s an easy job. Get on with it 🤣

Core
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Core »

Arnie Pye wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:01 am I'm glad you love the retention bonus. No one else does. Anyone under the age of 40 will continue to go to Air Canada.
Speak for yourself. I love the bonus. I was already on planning on staying, so this is just free money. I'm well under 40 and have ZERO desire to go to AC. Many of my colleagues at my base have actually said the same thing. It's so tiring listening to pilots bitch about salary especially when we are already paid a significant fraction more then the general population for a job that quite frankly isn't that hard and doesn't have a difficult barrier to entry.
I don't even know what side of this pile to start shoveling first. Congratulations on making less than a welder... but more than a janitor, so you must be happy with that!! Please stay at Flair. Please.

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Immaturely posting on a public forum won't make the pay go up. If you're not happy, please leave. I am under 40, very happy at Flair and will never ever consider going to AC. 55k a year? I made that in 2 month here. Flair is not to blame for Canada's low salaries.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Core wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:03 pm
I don't even know what side of this pile to start shoveling first. Congratulations on making less than a welder... but more than a janitor, so you must be happy with that!! Please stay at Flair. Please.
LOL!! Aren't all pilots in Canada basically making less than a welder? Bruh thinking he really did something with that insult :lol:

Core
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Core »

rooster wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:51 pm LOL!! Aren't all pilots in Canada basically making less than a welder? Bruh thinking he really did something with that insult :lol:
Hardly all, but far too many, and if you don't see anything wrong with that, you're part of the problem bub! Nice response stating the obvious like it's the way it's supposed to be. Guys like you who just roll over and accept you're in the only country on the planet where most pilots makes less than an HVAC tech is why the industry is the way it is. And no, I don't drive in Canada anymore, hope you enjoy it, "Bruh".

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Core wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:03 pm
Depends what welder you're talking about. Sure if you don't mind a life expectancy of 50, and life in camp. Pipeline welders make more than most airline pilots. Have at her, I have zero interest in laying on my back, in muck up to my ears, wearing FR cover alls, breathing toxic fumes, and dragging puddles 21 twelve hour days straight for any money. Most shop welders don't make much more than 60-80k a year.

PilotZum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PilotZum »

Wow... Value your profession for the love of god. We are one of the lowest paid pilots in the world if you consider cost of living. To think there are pilots out there getting paid minimum wage to make sure nobody dies in an airplane. :rolleyes:

Core
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Core »

I started out in Canada, I didn't make more than 80k in almost 10 years, so yes, less than a shop welder.

I would love to hear a bunch of you have this same conversation with any American regional FO's on a layover. They'll pay your entire bar tab because it wouldn't even make a dent in the wallet.

Last edited by Core on Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Core wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:05 pm
rooster wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:51 pm LOL!! Aren't all pilots in Canada basically making less than a welder? Bruh thinking he really did something with that insult :lol:
Hardly all, but far too many, and if you don't see anything wrong with that, you're part of the problem bub! Nice response stating the obvious like it's the way it's supposed to be. Guys like you who just roll over and accept you're in the only country on the planet where most pilots makes less than an HVAC tech is why the industry is the way it is. And no, I don't drive in Canada anymore, hope you enjoy it, "Bruh".
Where in my comment did I infer that I don't see anything wrong with the wage? Your interpretation of words is a little off, bub.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

rooster wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:59 pm
Where in my comment did I infer that I don't see anything wrong with the wage? Your interpretation of words is a little off, bub.
Hey rooster. You have 1880 hours and work at Encore. You are scheduled for an interview at Flair in October. By posting on AC forum about your plan to join Flair and jump ship to AC you made a huge mistake. Like tbalyx mentioned that recruiters read the forums and they can exactly pinpoint who you are. Be careful next time.

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

Major fail :lol:

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 pm

Hey rooster. You have 1880 hours and work at Encore. You are scheduled for an interview at Flair in October. By posting on AC forum about your plan to join Flair and jump ship to AC you made a huge mistake. Like tbalyx mentioned that recruiters read the forums and they can exactly pinpoint who you are. Be careful next time.
LOL. You know, you should go back to the thread on the AC forum about a career at AC and carefully review the posts. You may notice that it was someone else asking about going to Flair and then going to AC. You'll then notice I called that person out on that. Yet you think I WAS the person that was going to do that? Here, I'll do it for you since you failed at fact checking this :wink:
rooster wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:03 pm
pk95 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:03 am Hello
I am looking for a carrier advice from fellow aviators.
I am 27 Encore FO with 1880h TT, 230h 705time, 1300h PIC on single engine.

I have decided that I want to go to AC or possibly US carriers and start building seniority asap.
With this being said, between Flair FO and Encore Captain, which one will get me there sooner? And if one would be a more valuable carrier experience.

I got Flair interview for next month and I will need about 5 months of flying to become eligible for Encore captain.
I am currently leaning towards Flair but worried about their long term sustainability and giving up WJ seniority as backup.

Thanks!
If your goal is to go to Flair to get some jet experience before you ditch them to go to AC, then what does it matter about 'long term stability'? You're basically admitting to want to use them for that reason. On that note, Flair started up against AC and WJ making record profits, survived against WJ's attempt at killing them with Swoop, further survived a freakin pandemic, and were for a while the only ones who were hiring and growing and are clearly doing well and you're worried about their future? :lol: You are a clueless, lost puppy! Maybe just stay at Encore. Or go to Swoop :roll:
Latitude wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:03 pm Major fail :lol:
Major fail indeed Apestogetherstrong.

You really thought you did something there eh? :lol:

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

rooster wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:32 pm
Apestogetherstrong wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 pm

LOL. You know, you should go back to the thread on the AC forum about a career at AC and carefully review the posts. You may notice that it was someone else asking about going to Flair and then going to AC. You'll then notice I called that person out on that. Yet you think I WAS the person that was going to do that? Here, I'll do it for you since you failed at fact checking this :wink:
rooster wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:03 pm
pk95 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:03 am Hello
I am looking for a carrier advice from fellow aviators.
I am 27 Encore FO with 1880h TT, 230h 705time, 1300h PIC on single engine.

I have decided that I want to go to AC or possibly US carriers and start building seniority asap.
With this being said, between Flair FO and Encore Captain, which one will get me there sooner? And if one would be a more valuable carrier experience.

I got Flair interview for next month and I will need about 5 months of flying to become eligible for Encore captain.
I am currently leaning towards Flair but worried about their long term sustainability and giving up WJ seniority as backup.

Thanks!
If your goal is to go to Flair to get some jet experience before you ditch them to go to AC, then what does it matter about 'long term stability'? You're basically admitting to want to use them for that reason. On that note, Flair started up against AC and WJ making record profits, survived against WJ's attempt at killing them with Swoop, further survived a freakin pandemic, and were for a while the only ones who were hiring and growing and are clearly doing well and you're worried about their future? :lol: You are a clueless, lost puppy! Maybe just stay at Encore. Or go to Swoop :roll:
Latitude wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:03 pm Major fail :lol:
Major fail indeed Apestogetherstrong.

You really thought you did something there eh? :lol:
Yeah sorry it was pk95 not rooster. My bad.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:51 am
Yeah sorry it was pk95 not rooster. My bad.
All good all good :partyman:

Yogi21
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yogi21 »

For those who receive the offer and gs date in 2023, does the retention bonus apply??

J73
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by J73 »

It does not apply for anyone hired after 2022.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

so is pk95
a) at AC yet
b) at Flair. haha, I would hope not because of his admission of using them
c) Encore CA. was he able to pass the sim ? wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't

inquiring minds want to know !

Return to “Flair Airlines”