Background Check Questions

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

IFRhopeful
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Background Check Questions

Post by IFRhopeful »

vultajolma wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:05 am Anyone have any advice for when they ask for additional docs? I responded the same day for the requested info and they still havent chcked my Epost or responded to any of my emails.

I called in and got through to an agent, and they said they have no record of this at all. The agent told me to email her I did, and when I called back I got the same agent and told me they didnt get the email... so I tried emailing and calling again, still no record or receipt of the email/documents/epost.

Getting pretty frustratedd with this whole thing, should I just be expecting that I wont get my medical in time and my offer to be rejected? Especially since I know most if not all of the other people have gotten their medicals by now.
Super strange that they didn’t get the e-mail at all- the few times I e-mailed there was a delay, but eventually they got back to me.

You may be able to get extension on medical? Could always ask NavCanada to see what they say. With the current Transport Canada delays I’m sure you’re not the only candidate who’s having this problem
---------- ADS -----------

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

IFRhopeful wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:10 pm
vultajolma wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:05 am Anyone have any advice for when they ask for additional docs? I responded the same day for the requested info and they still havent chcked my Epost or responded to any of my emails.

I called in and got through to an agent, and they said they have no record of this at all. The agent told me to email her I did, and when I called back I got the same agent and told me they didnt get the email... so I tried emailing and calling again, still no record or receipt of the email/documents/epost.

Getting pretty frustratedd with this whole thing, should I just be expecting that I wont get my medical in time and my offer to be rejected? Especially since I know most if not all of the other people have gotten their medicals by now.
Super strange that they didn’t get the e-mail at all- the few times I e-mailed there was a delay, but eventually they got back to me.

You may be able to get extension on medical? Could always ask NavCanada to see what they say. With the current Transport Canada delays I’m sure you’re not the only candidate who’s having this problem
Thanks, I have never gotten a respond via email and I have been emailing since late July. Apparently only one agent is available to pick up the phone and isnt very helpful on potential solutions. On someone else's recommendation I mailed the docs to their Toronto and Ottwawa office, not sure how successful that will be, I also found my doctor's email address online and sent it directly to her. Not sure what else to do :cry:

Unfortautenly NC wouldnt confirm if I would be eliglbe for any kind of extension, just that they would review closer to the start date.

sk1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sk1996 »

vultajolma wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:55 pm
IFRhopeful wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:10 pm

Thanks, I have never gotten a respond via email and I have been emailing since late July. Apparently only one agent is available to pick up the phone and isnt very helpful on potential solutions. On someone else's recommendation I mailed the docs to their Toronto and Ottwawa office, not sure how successful that will be, I also found my doctor's email address online and sent it directly to her. Not sure what else to do :cry:

Unfortautenly NC wouldnt confirm if I would be eliglbe for any kind of extension, just that they would review closer to the start date.
You can still start training without the medical. You just need it for when you have the actual job. You can even be doing OJT without it. (This is what another controller told me so take it with a grain of salt)

I wouldn’t be too worried. How long has it been since your medical?

Also how’s IATS and ABC coming along?

nambrev
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nambrev »

I haven't received my medical yet either for YYZ, my CAME submitted everything early July. Hoping it comes in the mail soon...and hope you are right that it can be delayed past training. It's frustrating to have something completely out of our control be a requirement to the job

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

sk1996 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:22 am
You can still start training without the medical. You just need it for when you have the actual job. You can even be doing OJT without it. (This is what another controller told me so take it with a grain of salt)

I wouldn’t be too worried. How long has it been since your medical?

Also how’s IATS and ABC coming along?
I have to admit ABC is alot of material to memorize, its similar to a university course final which isnt too pleasing that we have to remember it verbatim. Thankfully we get a week in class to review, personally I havent heard of anyone failing the ABC test and getting fired in the first two weeks so I imagine its not that difficult.

Also - for others seeing this, I did get my medical in time after calling in/emailing in multiple times so TC are at least now responding to inquiries.

yoshi91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yoshi91 »

Just a warning, don’t base how difficult the exam is based on that no one has failed it. People have definitely failed it and been CT’d.

Learn the material well. And then learn it again. It’s the easiest exam in the course so it’s best to start your studying/memorization skills now.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”