IATRA questions

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: IATRA questions

Post by awitzke »

Just passed with %88 following mainly these questions. Know the theory behind each answer here and you'll do fine. Just a friendly bump for any newbies wondering if these questions are still current. As of today (April 2015) about 40 of the 50 questions were near verbatim.

Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

I just did the IATRA test number 006. Passed with 90% with a few hours studying, 80% of the questions are the same as the ones mentioned in this thread.

IWANTTOFLYYIN
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IWANTTOFLYYIN »

Has anyone written the IATRA recently and can anyone tell me if these questions are still on today's test's? I have been studying the . ATPL and Aerocourse ATPL and reffering to the TC IATRA study guide, but as always, can use any insight. Thanks!

dieselbro
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dieselbro »

Recently wrote the IATRA and passed with a good mark, most of the questions and references listed above are still VERY relevant. Aerocourse content is helpful.
Here are some things that I can remember. Worth what you paid for it:

1) You have a CPL and are type rated on a two pilot aeroplane, what are your privileges?
2) Referencing a weather chart, on a flight from point A to point B you encounter freezing rain enroute at 4000 ft, what do you do?
3) Know about PROB when using an IFR alternate
4) On an airway ATC clears you for 'an approach' to an uncontrolled airport, what does this mean? What do you have to tell ATC?
5) Know how to read an upper FD wind chart, make sure you know that the direction is in degrees TRUE
6) Know your CofG shift formula for calculating how to get a load moved to get the plane within limits
7) Know your Critical Point formula. You are asked to find the time to critical point
8 ) Identify hydroplaning properties, I got vicious hydroplaning, the answer was not 'thin film of water lubricating the runway and high speeds'. Not sure where I went wrong I wasn't all too happy with the wording, the other choices were thin film of water lubing the runway and slow speeds, thick layer of water and high speeds, thick layer of water and slow speeds. No mention of rubber or oil contaminants.
9) Turbojet reverse thrust principles
10) At what point are life preservers required to be onboard the aircraft regardless of aircraft performance?
11) Cold-soaking phenomenon, having liquid precipitation fall on cold soaked wings will result in?
12) Recall the objectives of CRM. I got this one wrong, I wasn't happy with the wording. It is NOT to dictate crew behaviour. The definition " The effective use of all available resources - human resources, hardware, and information - to achieve safe and efficient flight." I got from TC's convoluted website here https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... ns-325.htm is not on the test.
13) Recall what affects GPS accuracy, availability and integrity.
14) Tower clears you for an immediate takeoff, a large aircraft has just done a low approach and overshoot. What do you do?
15) Given a gross weight, airspeed, XX.Xnm/1000lbs fuel burn. They say after 1 hour of cruise you begin a descent which burns XXXX lbs fuel, what will your landing weight be?
16) Weather radar, what to do to find the intensity of a storm cell
17) Know about GPS stand-alone and overlay approaches.
18) TCAS/ACAS RA, has you change altitude. What do you do? Inform ATC asap.
19) Tailplane stalls, know about them... can happen a high airspeeds

Hope this helps you guys. Best of luck!

scrat1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrat1 »

First of all, hello everyone,
I am new here, as well in Canada, HE!!!! I am validating my licenses from South America to Canada, I have already done the PC, MULTI IFR (INRAT), ALL of that done, however, just came to attention which I was not aware of it, that in order to fly a two crew aircraft I must write an exam called "IATRA" I was not at all of it, I was wondering if someone here could help me out with it, ANY help from you guys will be greatly appreciated, such as questions, samples, study materials.

Thank you so very much to you all,

spry_chic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spry_chic »

I just wrote the exam....this....exact....exam. Wish I had searched this post a week ago, but hey, I still passed! Just wanted to say that they are clearly still using the same exams since this was question for question the same as the Elessar_44'a post.
Great Job everybody!

MotoExpedition
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MotoExpedition »

Oct 3, 2022

Wrote IATRA today ... 96%

This is still the exact same exam. Questions were exactly the same. Exam labelled IATRA-007

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

mdenizayvaz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mdenizayvaz »

mine will be in 2 weeks. I'll give an update after the exam

Return to “Flight Training”