PTR missing signature

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

joseph105
Rank 0
Rank 0

PTR missing signature

Post by joseph105 »

Hello guys. I did my training in ontario and just after doing 300nm for my cpl long xc, i moved to BC. After 8 months, today i went to a new school here in bc to start my time building and complete 1.8 hrs of missing supervised solo
But we noticed the last leg of my 300 nm xc was not signed by my instructor. (Very last leg was in a new page)
Now i need to get it signed by delegate of the school (my instructor is no more in canada).
Well i really dont want to send my ptr and potentially get it lost. I need your advices regarding the situation.
Can my old school issue me a new ptr and fill out the missing leg. Sign it and send it to me? Doing so, i ll have two ptrs and everything will be signed.
Or any other idea?
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: PTR missing signature

Post by Bede »

Sorry, where does it say that your instructor needs to sign off each leg of the XC?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Each page of the PTR has a space for the student to sign and also the CFI or delegate. Since
(Very last leg was in a new page)
it sounds like that page wasn't signed before the student left.

Here's what to do: email a scan or a photograph of that page (only) and ask the school to print it sign it, scan it, and email it back to you. Include a printout of that signed page with the PTR. You can even fold it up and staple it in.

If they won't do that, ask them to email confirmation that you flew the route as entered in your PTR, and include that email instead. Nobody has time or energy to quibble about signatures as long as there's no doubt the flight was flown.

Really - this isn't a big deal, and is quite easy to solve.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

You could also ask for a scan of the aircraft Journey Log book for the day your flights occurred

joseph105
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joseph105 »

Hello guys. I thank you all for advises. I finally gotten an answer from TC. Here it is;

“We will compare your personal logbook and PTR to confirm the information. If every other page is signed I don't see a problem.”

Return to “Flight Training”