Pivot Announces new business opportunity in DR

Discuss topics relating to PIVOT Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PRM1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Pivot Announces new business opportunity in DR

Post by PRM1 »

---------- ADS -----------

LTR123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Pivot Announces new business opportunity in DR

Post by LTR123 »

"I thought it was flour"

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I swear it’s powdered milk for starving orphans. :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:31 am I swear it’s powdered milk for starving orphans. :mrgreen:
They told me it was Pepsi

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

So 210 kilos on this flight. The other article said they did numerous flights before they got caught. They could have transported hundreds of millions worth of cocaine before they got busted. Wow!

Let’s Go Brandon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

Wow really taking the whole "Pivot" business strategy seriously.

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yepivedonethat »

Many involved were loathed members of the former Georgian forever tainted and unemployable elsewhere because of their actions at said company. I'm not a religious individual but the old adage "God doesn't punish with a stick" applies wholeheartedly.

I also second the motion that this wasn't the first time....200kg of coke is a shockingly large amount of product.

Shame on Pivot and everyone involved. The Dominicans will hand the airplane back in pieces and it's high time to put Georgian 2.0 i.e. Pivot out of their misery.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

yepivedonethat wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 am Many involved were loathed members of the former Georgian forever tainted and unemployable elsewhere because of their actions at said company. I'm not a religious individual but the old adage "God doesn't punish with a stick" applies wholeheartedly.

I also second the motion that this wasn't the first time....200kg of coke is a shockingly large amount of product.

Shame on Pivot and everyone involved. The Dominicans will hand the airplane back in pieces and it's high time to put Georgian 2.0 i.e. Pivot out of their misery.
But the question is... have you ever done it?

birddogged
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by birddogged »

yepivedonethat wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 am Many involved were loathed members of the former Georgian forever tainted and unemployable elsewhere because of their actions at said company. I'm not a religious individual but the old adage "God doesn't punish with a stick" applies wholeheartedly.

Wow, you're really something.

"Many"?
I know and have worked with 4 of the crew (and I believe I know who the "unemployable" reference is to ), and regardless of how I feel about anyone, I wouldn't wish this on anyone
One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

If you work in aviation, I hope you never draw the short straw like these folks have.

I for one, still believe in the old adage "Innocent until proven guilty".

Our government should be doing more to help these folks.

citabriaguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by citabriaguy »

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/can ... h-on-plane

This NP article mentions Suriname. I recall seeing one of these jets in SMJP last year and didn’t see many C tails. Curious stuff.

https://insightcrime.org/news/analysis/ ... president/

PRM1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PRM1 »

:smt014
birddogged wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:49 am

Wow, you're really something.

"Many"?
I know and have worked with 4 of the crew (and I believe I know who the "unemployable" reference is to ), and regardless of how I feel about anyone, I wouldn't wish this on anyone
One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

If you work in aviation, I hope you never draw the short straw like these folks have.

I for one, still believe in the old adage "Innocent until proven guilty".

Our government should be doing more to help these folks.
https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... -bust.html

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Now we hear that it was the airline who told the media that their pilots found the drugs and reported it, yet other reports say it was maintenance that discovered it. Who would you beleive if someone was immediately trying to cover themselves?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

More info will come out over time.

An attempt to smuggle 200 kilos of cocaine is a serious crime. Who put the drugs on the plane? Who was going to retrieve them from the plane upon arrival in Canada? Who had access to the aircraft in the DR? Who would have access to the aircraft in Canada?

AC had a similar incident twenty years ago on a Jamaica flight. It involved some staff. Investigators will know where to look in this case as well. TBD whether it involved any PIVOT staff. They will also look at what other flying this aircraft and this crew (pilots/FA’s/MTC) have been doing in the last 12 months. Particularly in and out of Canada an whether the aircraft had been subject to extensive CBA search upon arrival.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:11 pm Now we hear that it was the airline who told the media that their pilots found the drugs and reported it, yet other reports say it was maintenance that discovered it. Who would you beleive if someone was immediately trying to cover themselves?
The truth will come out if the employer/employees were involved. Cell phone records, emails etc will be gone through.

Let’s Go Brandon
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Yep. I shouldn't necessarily be speculating, but when primary facts are totally conflicting depending on where the info is coming from, there will be a lot more coming out. Time will tell.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:11 pm Now we hear that it was the airline who told the media that their pilots found the drugs and reported it, yet other reports say it was maintenance that discovered it. Who would you beleive if someone was immediately trying to cover themselves?
Here's the quote from the National Post:

"Pivot Airlines said its crew found the contraband in a maintenance compartment that contained “critical” electrical gear and reported the find both to local officials and the RCMP.

A maintenance worker who was part of the crew had opened a small door under the plane’s fuselage to access the “avionics bay” when he noticed a single bag. Not sure whether it was contraband, a bomb or something else, the man immediately reported the discovery, said a source familiar with the situation. Dominican police searched the space and found the other seven sacks."

So it looks like they had an AME traveling with them, and he was the "crew" that discovered the Cocaine, not the pilots.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Ah, it was their own AME. Regardless, will be pretty interesting to hear what starts coming out.

ogopogo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogopogo »

ogopogo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogopogo »

Why is this thread so quiet? This crew has been there for six months now.
Why isn’t the Government all over this?
More importantly, why aren’t you fellow airline guys & gals all over this.
I sense a distinct lack of sympathy here. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Return to “PIVOT Airlines”