Travel benefits/flight passes

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Travel benefits/flight passes

Post by unmaskedemperor »

Hi,

What do pilots get for travel benefits at Porter and what class of travel on other airlines?

Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Travel benefits/flight passes

Post by Timetoflyagain »

…free Porter jumpseat flights,airport fee and tax only for Porter flights for family members. MyIDTravel with a large range of airlines including United, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, AirFrance, VirginAtlantic, IcelandAir, Westjet, Transat, Sunwing, Swoop, Emirates, Qatar, Qantas, CathayP, and at least a couple dozen other smaller and/or less well known, smaller geographic area companies.

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanks for the info!

Does a captain get business class tickets on other airlines or is it economy?

Any buddy passes at all?

Thank you.

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

Since Porter doesn’t currently offer a J class product, all passes/staff travel are Y officially. Many do get upgraded at the gate if lucky. All employees get codes for 50% off best avail fare, confirmed, they can give to friends and family. Sell them and you’re unemployed. You can also take 2 friends anytime on staff travel rates as long as you travel together.

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. :smt023

Willirim
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Willirim »

It seems to me that the main advantage of Pilate's work is that you can see the whole world in this way. It's a pity that I didn't manage to enroll as a pilot. I travel a little now, and I can afford to travel to Europe and walking tour Paris anyway; I would prefer to be able to fly to different places. I think it would be an amazing top because I'm a little jealous of everyone who fulfilled this childhood dream of mine for myself. And your salaries are very pleasant, I must say,

Last edited by Willirim on Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I'll just throw out there that Porter is the only airline that lets reciprocal pilots ride in the actual jump seat, something that has always been allowed but required buy in from management since it requires a COM amendment allowing it. Hopefully every other airline is now following suit to return the favour to the Porter pilots to get the ball rolling.

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Timetoflyagain wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:07 pm …free Porter jumpseat flights,airport fee and tax only for Porter flights for family members. MyIDTravel with a large range of airlines including United, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, AirFrance, VirginAtlantic, IcelandAir, Westjet, Transat, Sunwing, Swoop, Emirates, Qatar, Qantas, CathayP, and at least a couple dozen other smaller and/or less well known, smaller geographic area companies.
I noticed that Air Canada is not on the list. Do Porter staff members get MyIDTravel on Air Canada?

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

unmaskedemperor wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:20 am

I noticed that Air Canada is not on the list. Do Porter staff members get MyIDTravel on Air Canada?
There is a Reciprocal Jumpseat Agreement for Pilots to use for travel on Air Canada. No Standby agreement at this time.

Return to “Porter Airlines”