PC12 Rating

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

PC12 Rating

Post by ellinas »

If an employer sees a new pilot applicant put on their resume that they acquired a PC12 rating, is that resume going in the trash or would they see it as someone knows a bit about the plane and let’s give them a chance since they’re one step ahead.

I’ve been reading posts from others that say don’t waste your money and stop buying a job, thoughts from others that experienced it or seen it.

Thanks again
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: PC12 Rating

Post by porcsord »

If you have zero work experience as a pilot and a PC12 rating, I would turf the resume instantly. Don't pay for type ratings (or type specific training) in Canada.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

ellinas wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:41 am let’s give them a chance since they’re one step ahead.
An operator will want you to fly their planes their way, especially if flying two-crew, which may or may not fully align with how you were taught wherever you independently trained on type. This will leave you with a varying amount of things to un-learn at the new job and that next Chief Pilot of yours is aware of it. For that reason I would say the less total time you have the more that type course can actually hurt your resume.

IMO if your heart is set on flying a PC-12 I’d suggest you get a copy of the AFM and just learn about the airplane on your own, leave it up to the employer to show you how to make it go.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

porcsord wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:47 am If you have zero work experience as a pilot and a PC12 rating, I would turf the resume instantly. Don't pay for type ratings (or type specific training) in Canada.
Thank you for your input which I totally agree in the end, I’m asking because I hear different things.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

lownslow wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:51 am
ellinas wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:41 am let’s give them a chance since they’re one step ahead.
An operator will want you to fly their planes their way, especially if flying two-crew, which may or may not fully align with how you were taught wherever you independently trained on type. This will leave you with a varying amount of things to un-learn at the new job and that next Chief Pilot of yours is aware of it. For that reason I would say the less total time you have the more that type course can actually hurt your resume.

IMO if your heart is set on flying a PC-12 I’d suggest you get a copy of the AFM and just learn about the airplane on your own, leave it up to the employer to show you how to make it go.
100 % makes sense, thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Return to “Employment Forum”