CPL tests’ validity

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

joseph105
Rank 0
Rank 0

CPL tests’ validity

Post by joseph105 »

Hello guys i ve a question about cpl exams. I passed both exams 10 months ago. I still need time building tho.
As far as i know cpl written is valid for 2 years and flight test is valid for a year only. I asked couple of instructors and they approved that. But since i couldnt find any written reference on tc web page, i happened to send an e mail. The answer to my question is as follows:

“The flight test and exam are both valid for 24 months plus 10 month extension from the exemption. I have attached the two exemptions, please review these documents.”.

I just want to be on the safe side. Even though I received this email from tc, i cannot be hundred percent sure. 🤔

EDIT: AFTER CAREFULLY READING THE EXEMPTIONS ONLY WRITEN IS TWO YEARS PLUS 10 MONTHS. FLIGHT TEST IS VALID FOR 1 YEAR PLUS 10 MONTHS. PLEASE BE ADVISED
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by joseph105 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pild04
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CPL tests’ validity

Post by pild04 »

joseph105 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:16 pm Hello guys i ve a question about cpl exams. I passed both exams 10 months ago. I still need time building tho.
As far as i know cpl written is valid for 2 years and flight test is valid for a year only. I asked couple of instructors and they approved that. But since i couldnt find any written reference on tc web page, i happened to send an e mail. The answer to my question is as follows:

“The flight test and exam are both valid for 24 months plus 10 month extension from the exemption. I have attached the two exemptions, please review these documents.”.

I just want to be on the safe side. Even though I received this email from tc, i cannot be hundred percent sure. 🤔
TC granted a lot of exemptions given the COVID situation. The expiry of your tests will be in accordance with the exemptions issued.

joseph105
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joseph105 »

That is great then. I dont need to rush
Oops i quit my job 2 days ago to be able to finish time building in time lol 😅

ruffdeezy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ruffdeezy »

currently the exemption expires Jan 31, 2023
probably will be extended again but maybe not for another 2 years
if you applied today, then you can go back 34 months, if you don't apply for a year or more, the exemption may not be in place anymore

Return to “Flight Training”