It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Post by DonTomas »

TG wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:35 am
DonTomas wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:09 am
The point being if a vaccinated person can transmit the virus to others just like an unvaccinated person can, why do the unvaccinated lose their job and get treated like second class citizens? It should be a personal health choice, and no, it doesn’t prevent disease or spread.
You are correct, a sober driver can hurt or kill someone with his car, what you cannot do is put On part his road performances versus a drunk one. Even if they are both drivers driving the same kind of car in the same area.
(Don't get triggered, it is just a rough sample to convey the idea of statistics)

It is not my call and never will be but yes, I am for the vaccin ban to be lifted and be a personal choice.....Now.
Now that this pandemic subsided and this virus mutated in the right direction which wasn't the case initially.

You guys can keep your heads buried in the sand as to why it subsided :mrgreen:
You’re an idiot!
---------- ADS -----------

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mark Twain
BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

The point being if a vaccinated person can transmit the virus to others just like an unvaccinated person can, why do the unvaccinated lose their job and get treated like second class citizens? It should be a personal health choice, and no, it doesn’t prevent disease or spread.
You are correct, a sober driver can hurt or kill someone with his car, what you cannot do is put On part his road performances versus a drunk one. Even if they are both drivers driving the same kind of car in the same area.
(Don't get triggered, it is just a rough sample to convey the idea of statistics)

It is not my call and never will be but yes, I am for the vaccin ban to be lifted and be a personal choice.....Now.
Now that this pandemic subsided and this virus mutated in the right direction which wasn't the case initially.

That analogy doesn’t work. There is plenty of data to show that drinking impairs motor skills, cognitive function, and attitude. As well statistics showing likeliness of sober vs drunk accidents.

As admitted now, that data didn’t exist when those arguments were being made for the vax. And now it appears it did little to prevent the transmission. People were forced to do something and being told to protect their neighbour or else be ostracized from society, when there was no data to back up the claim. That’s a problem.

Should we ban all drivers that only have one arm because we think they are more likely to be in an accident? The default should be to extend rights to everyone and then have data support if and when you should curtail those privileges.

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

DonTomas wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:56 am

You’re an idiot!
It looks like your car analogy backfired, TG. :P

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

At the time of the mandate back in 2021, vaccine effectiveness against a positive PCR test was 82-88%. That was when Delta was the dominant variant. When arguing for the establishment of the mandates, this is likely the figure the government would use.

After Omicron, effectiveness took a nosedive down to less than 10%, but then improved dramatically up to about 60% as third doses were rolled out.

As of September 2022, vaccine effectiveness against a positive PCR test remained at approximately 50%, and is expected to improve with uptake of the bivalent vaccine. Since the Ontario Science Table has been dissolved, I'm looking for new data sources moving forward.

Furthermore, the vaccines have been shown to reduce COVID hospitalizations by 50-75%.

Sources:
https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/ontario-dashboard/

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... sc_lang=en

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:01 am At the time of the mandate back in 2021, vaccine effectiveness against a positive PCR test was 82-88%. That was when Delta was the dominant variant. When arguing for the establishment of the mandates, this is likely the figure the government would use.

After Omicron, effectiveness took a nosedive down to less than 10%, but then improved dramatically up to about 60% as third doses were rolled out.

As of September 2022, vaccine effectiveness against a positive PCR test remained at approximately 50%, and is expected to improve with uptake of the bivalent vaccine. Since the Ontario Science Table has been dissolved, I'm looking for new data sources moving forward.

Furthermore, the vaccines have been shown to reduce COVID hospitalizations by 50-75%.

Sources:
https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/ontario-dashboard/

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... sc_lang=en
Unfortunately the house of cards was partly built on reducing transmission. That was a prime reason governments introduced mandates that companies were obligated to follow.

Perhaps worse, it created an us and them situation. People saying I don’t want to sit next to that unvaccinated person, they might give me covid. Various governments swayed to that public sentiment.

After all of that, it turns out there was no data (at least for Pfizer) that it did anything to prevent transmission. We all know that a big part of the sell was to get vaccinated to protect your neighbour.

Non of that has any relevance to the effectiveness of reducing the severity of the disease.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

J Roc wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 am
DonTomas wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:56 am

You’re an idiot!
It looks like your car analogy backfired, TG. :P
Totally expected with the ones who can't gasp statistics and a few other things.
:lol:

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

TG wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm Totally expected with the ones who can't gasp statistics and a few other things.
:lol:

I think you need to grasp a spell checker first. :D

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Breaking News: WestJet lawyers excited to have an easy open/shut case in their favour instead of the usual APPR litigation and Sunwing merger meetings.

Return to “Covid”