IATRA Books

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

PilotPenner
Rank 1
Rank 1

IATRA Books

Post by PilotPenner »

Hi,

So here's the daily "I need help with my IATRA" thread.

I'm writing in 8 days from now. I've seen dozens of threads with example questions, but really what I need is Study Material, not example questions. I'm struggling in two specific sections of my AeroCourse workbook: Performance and Weight & Balance, and Flight Operations. I come across questions asking things about MACs and V-speeds I've never heard of, bypass ratios, Fuel Flows under specified atmospheric conditions, etc., and I have no idea where to even begin. I'm fine with MET, CARs and Radio Aids & Navigation. It's the stuff that's new to larger aircraft and larger operations that I'm struggling to find books for. Is this stuff in FTGU and the FTM? Those just happen to be the books I borrowed to someone and I need to know if I should try to get them back. Or can I find all this stuff in other books or online resources? I want to understand all these more advanced performance charts but the AeroCourse workbook only asks questions about them - it has no reading references in the answer keys.

Critical Field Length? Balanced Field Length? Critical Mach Number? Buffet? Coffin's Corner? TRUs? These are terms I have NEVER heard before and I just need to know where I can read about all of this. I'd prefer books over the Harv's Course but if that's the only option, I could do that. Just hoping there's some "Advanced Aircraft Systems" book that I can dig into.
---------- ADS -----------

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: IATRA Books

Post by prop2jet »

Van Sickle's Modern Airmanship
Turbine Pilots Flight Manual
Fly The Wing

PilotPenner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: IATRA Books

Post by PilotPenner »

prop2jet wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:03 pm Van Sickle's Modern Airmanship
Turbine Pilots Flight Manual
Fly The Wing
I will look into those; thank you. I also just picked up the 2023 Sharper Edge ATP exam prep book and it seems to have a lot of the information I was looking for, as well as some additional practice questions.

Return to “Flight Training”