Recent IATRA exam?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Zoxinho
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Recent IATRA exam?

Post by Zoxinho »

Hi, I'm writing my IATRA in a week, it will be reeeeaaaallly appreciated if someone could send it to me the document.

Skilacrew@hotmail.com
Many thx
---------- ADS -----------

Arcangel117
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Arcangel117 »

Spiffeh wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 pm I have a google document typed out of all the important stuff needed to pass, do you want me to pass you a link? Everybody that has used it has received a decent mark. Cheers
Hello There…. I’m writing my IATRA soon.. could you please send me the link. Much appreciated… thank you :-)

aqwifidog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aqwifidog »

Spiffeh wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 pm I have a google document typed out of all the important stuff needed to pass, do you want me to pass you a link? Everybody that has used it has received a decent mark. Cheers
Hey I am doing my IATRA next week would appreciate tons if you can share! reply to my message if you can't DM me

glenomatic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by glenomatic »

arezania wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 pm Hey peeps,

Avcanada has helped me over the years and I would like to give back

I have some very very helpful slides I used for the IATRA. Studying those were honeslty good enough for the exam. PM me and I will link you the drive!
Hi arezania, I will be writing soon and would very much appreciate a link. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by glenomatic on Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMaverick250
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TheMaverick250 »

Hi Spiffeh,

Could I get access to that document? It would be grately appreciated! Either a DM on here or to my e-mail aidan.rice659@gmail.com. Thanks!

TheMaverick250
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TheMaverick250 »

I have some very very helpful slides I used for the IATRA. Studying those were honeslty good enough for the exam. PM me and I will link you the drive!
Could I get access to that document? It would be grately appreciated! Either a DM on here or to my e-mail aidan.rice659@gmail.com. Thanks!

joseph105
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joseph105 »

Can you please send it to me as well kind sir/madam :prayer:

Thepilotguy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Thepilotguy »

Hello, can I please also request a copy of this document? Super helpful! Thank you!!

vincentzou
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vincentzou »

Could you send them to me at vz1999@gmail.com? Much appreciated!

mdenizayvaz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mdenizayvaz »

can u send me the document also. thank you.
mdenizayvaz@gmail.com

Spiffeh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Spiffeh »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nrr ... toqfY/edit

Hey everybody, sorry for the late response. I have notes that should be enough to cover most of the exam. It may not entirely be up to date. Cheers

kaai1101
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kaai1101 »

Hi all,
Just passed my IATRA this morning. The full exam title is IATRA 009 so I guessed they changed a couple of stuff, but still very similar to what I found in this thread overall. This forum and the people here helped a lot when I was preparing so just want to give it back to the community :) Here are some questions I got wrong. Full disclosure, I memorized everyone's answers and still got it wrong so always double check your source i guess.

1. Calculate best range: they gave me TAS, fuel rate, and wind factor for 2 different altitudes. Question was "pilot was planning for a maximum cruise flight, which one has best range cruise flight?" (that's word for word). All the answers were correct mathematically. I chose the better SAR one but got it wrong. So choose the higher SGR one.
2. Calculate CG: there was a lot of calculating with this one so I did not know where I was wrong specifically. They gave me MAC, LEMAC, and an entire W&B table plus charts. They did not say the amount of fuel onboard specifically. I had to calculate everything for zero fuel aircraft, plug it in the chart to make sure I can carry full fuel load, then calculate CG for full fuel config.
3.Calculate time and fuel required: this was a chart question. Looks sth like this: https://tc.canada.ca/sites/default/file ... chart6.jpg
4. VOR, DME, TACAN: Question was "what can I receive with a VOR/DME onboard?". I chose TACAN and VORTAC but apparently that was wrong
5. Privilege of CPL holder with a type rating: I chose "to be a copilot in a multi crew aircraft" and got it wrong. There was another option that goes "to be a copilot in a multi crew aircraft that's under 12500 lbs". I guess that's the right one.
6. Recall the type of fronts and their movements: "What cold air does at stationary front?". I chose "stationary" and it was wrong so I think "moves parallel to the front" was the correct answer.
7. AWOS operation: "What kind of vis AWOS takes?". I chose "prevailing vis" but it was wrong. Other options are "general vis but the station only takes sample of the air in the vicinity" and "general vis and the station takes sample of the air around it"

flieger7e7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flieger7e7 »

Any chance that you can pass it along to me? I'm unable (don't see a button) to message you....

flieger7e7@gmail.com

reynguyen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by reynguyen »

May I have the document you have for the IATRA, please? TIA!

avtomaton
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by avtomaton »

Hi all, I've just passed it with 94%. It was easy, and Harv's online ground school is totally enough to get prepared.

I got wrong 3 questions:
Something about orientation difficulties after excessive drinking even after 24 hours, and where the residual alcohol products can remain in the body. The answer options were 'inner ear', 'middle ear', 'bloodstream' and 'brain tissues'.

The question about the BETA range of the propeller, specifically, what prevents the prop from going into BETA. The correct answer was not 'coarse (high) pitch stops', which is what I selected.

Two questions about deicing, but I'm not entirely sure which one I got wrong. The first question was about which part of the airplane should be deiced first. The answer options were 'upper fuselage', 'tailplane', 'engine inlets' and 'wings'. The second question was about the deicing problems of a cold soaked wing. The answer options were 'time should be computed as the earliest from the table with holdover intervals', 'time should be computed as the latest from the table with holdover intervals', 'there is a risk of refreezing even after deicing', and another option that I can't recall.

The ground school presentations were a great help in preparation. Probably a little excessive. Hopefully it will help some day in an airline interview though. And in my opinion, it does not make sense to memorize any question, just knowing the stuff is enough. I did not encounter any tricks in questions, but met some poor wording in some questions

kman4477
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kman4477 »

Thanks for sharing that! I'm looking for some good prep material right now, as I need to retake the IATRA. I was also looking at the Harv's course. It looked really long but it depth too. It worked well for you?
Just want to get some opinions to make sure it's worth the $200 investment haha.

avtomaton
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by avtomaton »

From my opinion it's even more than enough. The exam is not that thorough.

For me it was good not only for IATRA preparation but to refresh all previous knowledge. I'd say the pass was just a side effect of taking this course :) I did not watch all the videos though, just the topics I was not very confident in. Aaron is fun, but sometimes talks too much. Watching video on 1.5x or 2.x speed helps, but not always. But I went through all the presentations and quizzes, they are really helpful. Flashcards were useful too.

They provide T2202A which can be eligible for tax return, so for me it was not even an investment

Pliskin1108
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pliskin1108 »

kman4477 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:24 pm Just want to get some opinions to make sure it's worth the $200 investment haha.
I also didn’t want to pay too much and wrote mine using only nizus and did great. I think it was only 30 bucks or something like that.

I just posted on another IATRA thread (IATRA 2019 it’s called), find this one because there was also a lot of good recent info from a few different users in the last 2 pages. It’ll be helpful for you to look at these for sure!

Good luck

frequentflyer91
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by frequentflyer91 »

arezania wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 am Hey peeps,

Send me a pm with your Gmail and I'll link ya some super helpful slides I used. I only used these and was happy with my mark!

Happy new years!
Hey!

If you still have the slides would you please send to ashfaqul.Islam91@gmail.com thank you!

sacha_1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sacha_1 »

I used a pdf of the aerocourse instrument rating workbook that I found online to prepare, it was very helpful

Return to “Flight Training”