PASCO Postings

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

lowoleo22
Rank 2
Rank 2

PASCO Postings

Post by lowoleo22 »

Is anyone actually get a call from these guys? They are constantly posting for F/O's. I met the requirements and haven't heard anything. Called the CP, HR, sent emails. Never got a response or a phone call. Am I missing something?
---------- ADS -----------

IJNShiroyuki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: PASCO Postings

Post by IJNShiroyuki »

lowoleo22 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:48 am Is anyone actually get a call from these guys? They are constantly posting for F/O's. I met the requirements and haven't heard anything. Called the CP, HR, sent emails. Never got a response or a phone call. Am I missing something?
There's a few companies like this and they just kept posting their job ads.
Pasco, Rise air, Carson etc...
They are either building a pool, looking for their unicorn or everytime receving pilot resumes with well over basic requirement.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Or, it's just a sign of how fast people are moving on to bigger things.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

They are too busy wondering what to do about the pilot shortage that they are not looking at their applicants.

Up to 5 years ago PASCO had high requirements and was still able to be picky about who they chose. Usually you had worked a previous turbine or IFR job before getting the pleasure of working there.

Likely they like lots of other operations are having lots of trouble adjusting to the fact that Jazz and Encore are accepting people they would have previously rejected.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
lowoleo22
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lowoleo22 »

Likely they like lots of other operations are having lots of trouble adjusting to the fact that Jazz and Encore are accepting people they would have previously rejected.
Who wants to work at Pasco when they qualify for Flair? I'm just genuinely curious who they are hiring if not people who meet the requirements.

Vsquared
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Vsquared »

lowoleo22 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:59 am
Who wants to work at Pasco when they qualify for Flair? I'm just genuinely curious who they are hiring if not people who meet the requirements.
I've applied to PASCO a few times over the years and applied to them again a month ago, never even got a call back, but have an interview scheduled with Flair. Have heard the same thing with many qualified guys applying to PASCO. They must be looking for something very specific with experience and education?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

My feeling is that if you identify as a man, you already only have a 50/50 chance of being hired there as a pilot. Beyond that, coastal time. They do some rather sketchy mountain flying on the coast. This time of year you have fog, rain, turbulence, ice, they do VFR work, no alternate IFR, up and down the coast islands. You have to be right on top of your area 1 IFR skills to work there. If you didn't train on the coast, and don't identify as a woman, your chances are low. Tourism also dies off considerably this time of year.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Bit of mystery that place. I know a lot of over qualified guys who never got a reply for DEC position maybe they didn’t identify as the right gender. Truly puzzling since the pay is so low I can’t understand how they’re still able to staff their left seat position.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

co-joe wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:40 pm My feeling is that if you identify as a man, you already only have a 50/50 chance of being hired there as a pilot. Beyond that, coastal time. They do some rather sketchy mountain flying on the coast. This time of year you have fog, rain, turbulence, ice, they do VFR work, no alternate IFR, up and down the coast islands. You have to be right on top of your area 1 IFR skills to work there. If you didn't train on the coast, and don't identify as a woman, your chances are low. Tourism also dies off considerably this time of year.
No really sure where you get any of this drivel.
-When you look at their pilot group, they have a slightly higher percentage of female pilots that the average, but like most airlines, the pilot group is vastly male.
-I'd hardly call any of the flying 'sketchy'. They have some challenging airports like Trail and Bella Coola which, when conditions are bad, simply do not get flights for a few days in a row.
-I never once had no alternate when we flew IFR

Now, I would tend to agree that their hiring tends to be on the overly selective side given the current job market. That being said, they are looking for people who are going to stay for longer than a cup of coffee. It helps if you know someone currently there.

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

Anecdotally speaking, I have heard that you are more likely to get a call if you have an internal reference than not. Happened to a couple of pilots I know of.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

JBI wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:38 pm No really sure where you get any of this drivel.
-When you look at their pilot group, they have a slightly higher percentage of female pilots that the average, but like most airlines, the pilot group is vastly male.
-I'd hardly call any of the flying 'sketchy'. They have some challenging airports like Trail and Bella Coola which, when conditions are bad, simply do not get flights for a few days in a row.
-I never once had no alternate when we flew IFR

Now, I would tend to agree that their hiring tends to be on the overly selective side given the current job market. That being said, they are looking for people who are going to stay for longer than a cup of coffee. It helps if you know someone currently there.
You don't think using a 1900C loophole to get 1900 D's in and out of trail and Bella and using 1900 C fuel burns to do it is Sketchy? I flew there one summer on contract, I've had their dispatch hand me a no alternate IFR flight plan with 1900C fuel burns to boot, and had to say, I'm not allowed to do that, and If I do that in my D model, I'll land with less than legal reserve. I've had to phone their dispatch to say we missed our flow time and they expected me to just go VFR into YVR then. Use whatever word you want to describe this kind of behaviour, but if any other operator did this it wouldn't fly.
Bit of mystery that place. I know a lot of over qualified guys who never got a reply for DEC position maybe they didn’t identify as the right gender. Truly puzzling since the pay is so low I can’t understand how they’re still able to staff their left seat position.
You're not the only one who has wondered this as well.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

co-joe wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:06 am
You don't think using a 1900C loophole to get 1900 D's in and out of trail and Bella and using 1900 C fuel burns to do it is Sketchy? I flew there one summer on contract, I've had their dispatch hand me a no alternate IFR flight plan with 1900C fuel burns to boot, and had to say, I'm not allowed to do that, and If I do that in my D model, I'll land with less than legal reserve. I've had to phone their dispatch to say we missed our flow time and they expected me to just go VFR into YVR then. Use whatever word you want to describe this kind of behaviour, but if any other operator did this it wouldn't fly.
Your experience was very different than mine. I pretty much only flew the C model and never had such issues. Missed a few times in my time there and always had plenty of fuel for our alternate and then some. When we went VFR, it was VFR conditions and nothing worrisome (plus sometimes more fun).

Return to “Employment Forum”