Cessna Caravan C208B initial training

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

firstofficer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Cessna Caravan C208B initial training

Post by firstofficer »

Greetings,

I'm seeking initial training on the Cessna Caravan. I have a potential gig overseas so ideally I'd like to get checked out while in Canada since it would probably work out to be more cost efficient. Any recommendations?

---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Cessna Caravan C208B initial training

Post by Bede »

firstofficer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by firstofficer »

Thanks! Very familiar with all 3 however was hoping to seek training here in Canada.

Jiffy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jiffy »

Sorry if this sounds silly but could you not just look up airports that have caravans operating and call the company and ask if they know where to go for instruction? Buttonville got any? etc.

itaserb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by itaserb »

Depends on what you need. If you just need PCC, you have to find a company in Canada and pay them to teach you. If you need a PPC(for single pilot IFR), I would go to Flight Safety Wichita cause you need 6 hours of sim. In any way, you have to find a company in Canada in order to get trained and get a check ride done. There are no flight training units in Canada that can give you initial training.

Maybe try survey or skydiving companies. They aren't as busy now.

Return to “Flight Training”