Class 4 YYC

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Class 4 YYC

Post by twinpratts »

Is there anywhere in Calgary that does initial class 4 instructor ratings?
Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
flyndad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Class 4 YYC

Post by flyndad »

All the schools will offer this.

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by final28 »

They may offer it but they have somewhat limited capacity due to lack of class 1 instructors. Did you call around and ask?
If you can access an airplane there might be some options with freelance instructors.

Conflicting Traffic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Conflicting Traffic »

twinpratts wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:49 pm Is there anywhere in Calgary that does initial class 4 instructor ratings?
Thanks in advance
I don't know what the Class 1 supply/availability is like in YYC. But if you're having trouble getting someone, and you're mobile (can relocate to Southern MB for training) and would be interested in working with a freelancer, send me a PM.

----------------------------------------
Conflicting Traffic please advise.
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

Before Covid, the Calgary Flying Club and Springbank Air Training College were having such a hard time churning out Class 4 Flight Instructors that Class 1 flight instructors were not allowed to do anything other than instructor ratings. I recently heard that both places are starting to see a decent amount of turnover with Flight Instructors. Might be well worth checking them both out.

Return to “Flight Training”