Exciting!

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Exciting!

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

RLK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:47 pm
Pat Richard wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:30 pm
RLK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:13 pm
I have also had aircraft apprentices that didn't stay in automotives.

I understand there is a lot of liability in repairing an aircraft, but there is liability in repairing anything that moves people. What are these similarly liable jobs? I'm actually curious.

I have to ask, why are you still here? Why are still doing this career? We live in a time that has glorified the white collar, people that can repair and work in harsh conditions have the ability to gain employment in many different industries with ease. If fixing flying objects is so bad, why have you done it for decades? Why are you not working on the patch rolling cabbage as a HD tech?
So I have to ask what are you doing here mocking experienced peoples comments when you have eff all experience/not employed in the industry being discussed???

I get that you've apparently wrenched on european luxury cars and kia's, but quite bluntly, you have zero business telling any experienced AME anything about this business.

Go serve your time after next year for three or so years doing 12 hour rotating graveyard shifts, over weekends/holidays, quite possibly outside out of the back of a truck/van,earning around $20 a/hr and maybe $30 when licensed initially .

Then come back and tell the 10,15,20,25+ years guys what they should be thinking and how wrong they all were/are.
Mocking is not my intention, I apologize if it has come off that way.

Almost all of the same things that are being complained about in aircraft repair, are also complained about in automotives. All of the warnings that I received 20 years ago about fixing cars, most turned out to not be true. Im not trying to discredit anyone's experience, just trying to see what I'm up against.
EVERYTHING you are being warned about is true here. Read the “future AME discouraged” thread. I personally know some of the clowns that were sticking up for the industry that posted in there ten years or so ago.
Most are out of aviation and one is in the states. One actually sent me an email to apologize for snarling at me about the facts several years ago. In short he said I was right and he should have listened (but he was an air cadet, who knows what they did to him there lol).

I’m not telling you not to go into the industry, I’m telling you what to expect (or areas to avoid if possible) and giving some alternatives to Canadian aviation.
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

RLK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:13 pm
I have also had aircraft apprentices that didn't stay in automotives.

I understand there is a lot of liability in repairing an aircraft, but there is liability in repairing anything that moves people. What are these similarly liable jobs? I'm actually curious.

I have to ask, why are you still here? Why are still doing this career? We live in a time that has glorified the white collar, people that can repair and work in harsh conditions have the ability to gain employment in many different industries with ease. If fixing flying objects is so bad, why have you done it for decades? Why are you not working on the patch rolling cabbage as a HD tech?
So I have to ask what are you doing here mocking experienced peoples comments when you have eff all experience/not employed in the industry being discussed???

I get that you've apparently wrenched on european luxury cars and kia's, but quite bluntly, you have zero business telling any experienced AME anything about this business.

Go serve your time after next year for three or so years doing 12 hour rotating graveyard shifts, over weekends/holidays, quite possibly outside out of the back of a truck/van,earning around $20 a/hr and maybe $30 when licensed initially .

Then come back and tell the 10,15,20,25+ years guys what they should be thinking and how wrong they all were/are.

Almost all of the same things that are being complained about in aircraft repair, are also complained about in automotives. All of the warnings that I received 20 years ago about fixing cars, most turned out to not be true. Im not trying to discredit anyone's experience, just trying to see what I'm up against.
“ Show me on the doll where the big bad AMO touched you.” Is 100% mocking the contributing posters on this thread. I don’t know what other reaction you thought you’d elicit especially since you have 0% knowledge or experience in this industry.

RLK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RLK »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:28 pm

“ Show me on the doll where the big bad AMO touched you.” Is 100% mocking the contributing posters on this thread. I don’t know what other reaction you thought you’d elicit especially since you have 0% knowledge or experience in this industry.
I thought that was funny. I do enjoy stirring the pot though. I may not work in the aircraft industry, but I'm not a clueless idiot. I'm questioning where all of the extreme negativity is coming from and building a path for my next 20 years.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

RLK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:02 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:28 pm

I thought that was funny. I do enjoy stirring the pot though. I may not work in the aircraft industry, but I'm not a clueless idiot. I'm questioning where all of the extreme negativity is coming from and building a path for my next 20 years.
I have explained to you in detail ad nauseam where the negativity stems from and then some. So have several other users in the forum with decades of varying experience. I don’t think you’re truly respecting what other AME’s or myself are trying to convey to you or even taking what we say seriously.
This is not a 9-5 job no matter what any employer tells you. The pay is grossly low in Canada and not going to get better the way labour laws in Canada are and the state of the industry in general. You’re going to be working odd hours outside at -40 for peanuts in some hole in the north. Or you’ll be at a shop in town and still have no schedule working for … idk what’s less than peanuts, sunflower seeds?
Maybe revisit what others have told you and see if there’s a common theme. You’re tapping on a collective experience level probably in the 100s of years.
If you don’t want to listen, and think everyone is just bitter or it’s just normal grumpy forum posters I think you’d better step back and look at the big picture. We are all passionate technicians and love the trade. The common theme is our view on the INDUSTRY, which I can’t emphasize enough how sucky it is.
Just in this thread alone you’re being fed information from Airline, corporate, commuter, GA and helicopter AME’s, all of which think the same about the industry. Choose wisely.

Return to “Maintenance”