My thoughts on Fanshawe's college program

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Smash-8-Q400
Rank 0
Rank 0

My thoughts on Fanshawe's college program

Post by Smash-8-Q400 »

For anyone in Ontario looking to join an aviation college program, I insist, skip over Fanshawe. I got into the program and set up shop in London, Ontario just for a million broken promises and plenty of disorganization. This is not currently an ATPL program however it was advertised as one. Many students were let down when they did their own research and discovered they had taken it down from their website and are no longer an ATPL program. The affiliate flight centre is just as disorganized, but my complaints are mostly about the Fanshawe program rather than the flight centre component. The courses are all over the map, due to the fact its a brand new program, we are test pilots. We learn stuff not applicable and miss things that are applicable. The tests are never synchronized with the material in class and in turn a good chance of students in all three years in the program are behind or being dragged out, for example, first solos happening at 60 hours, PPL's happening at 100 hours, CPL training still ongoing after flying for three years. If you're top gun maverick you will get your licenses on time but most of the people are in the same boat. As someone who was in this program, save your money, save your time, save your AVGAS and go elsewhere. Really puts out the flame in being a pilot. Roll the dice with the program, maybe it's more refined after the first year students were test subjects. Any other questions, I'm happy to answer.
---------- ADS -----------

StudentPilot4Ever
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: My thoughts on Fanshawe's college program

Post by StudentPilot4Ever »

I was interested in the Fanshawe program, but now I'm hesitant. What's the course load like? How are the professors? Is the program on the road to recovery? I'd appreciate some insight into the program.

Cheers.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”