IATRA exam

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

JackyRhum
Rank 0
Rank 0

IATRA exam

Post by JackyRhum »

Why IATRA Exam still the only exam with not life time validation ?
IATRA is an exam for pilots to be able to fly an aircraft without limitation of take-off weight, pax, speed and stall speed...anyway an exam for lazy pilots without an ATPL written...ans having the same privileges to fly a real aircraft not a toy for kids!

So why TCAA do not validate the IATRA exam for life time ? as an ATPL , CPL or IFR ???? Is it politic question or just 50$ question ? Or just to piss off pilots ??

It doesn't make any sens to me and it's probably to limited the flow of new pilots with experience can get a job on real aircraft , I mean 2 pilots aircraft !
---------- ADS -----------

ruffdeezy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: IATRA exam

Post by ruffdeezy »

All exams are valid for 2 years, if you don't get a 2 crew rating after doing the IATRA, then it expires. If you do, then you never have to do the exam again. Same for every exam.

JackyRhum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JackyRhum »

Wooo wooo!! Wait a minute my friend, CPL (written test) is valid life time doesn't matter if you fly or not ! , and your license CPL is still valid until you renew your medical class 1 that's it ! IFR (written test) is also valid life time since (2013/2014) if I remember...(before 2013or2014 don't remember exactly the year) you had to re-write the (written test) after 2 years without flying the minimum hours in IFR...Anyway ! Again 50$/pilot for TC ,bullshit !

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

All written exams in Canada are valid for 2 years. CPL, INRAT, ATPL exams included. The above poster explained it very well.

OldInstructor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by OldInstructor »

Written exams are not valid for life as recency is also a requirement. Review 401.05 (1) (b)(iii) if you have not flown as PIC or copilot within 5 years then a written exam becomes part of the requirement to requality.

golu121
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by golu121 »

The IATRA exam is intended to ensure a pilot has the required knowledge to operate a more complex transport category aircraft, which typically require more than one pilot. The exam is not compulsory, however, it opens many more job opportunities for commercial pilots wishing to progress in their career.GBWhatsApp

Return to “Flight Training”