Working Conditions

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Working Conditions

Post by GRK2 »

Donald wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:32 am
AstroPants wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:06 am
Donald wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:05 am This post aged well.
They completed the investigation already? Crikey, that's fast! Hats off to TC.
Do you need 12 months to figure out that fatigue was a factor in the crew performance and decision making today?
Well, you've already finished your investigation I see. Just exactly what are you basing that fabulous theory on? :roll:
---------- ADS -----------

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

GRK2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:23 am
AstroPants wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:06 am

They completed the investigation already? Crikey, that's fast! Hats off to TC.
Do you need 12 months to figure out that fatigue was a factor in the crew performance and decision making today?
Well, you've already finished your investigation I see. Just exactly what are you basing that fabulous theory on? :roll:
Tell you what, let's come back when/if a report gets published, and if fatigue isn't mentioned, I'll buy you a beer.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Donald wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:26 am

Tell you what, let's come back when/if a report gets published, and if fatigue isn't mentioned, I'll buy you a beer.
Don't drink beer much, but in the interest of keeping this professional(and friendly) I will agree that waiting to hear the final results will be fine. I must say here that the "guessing game" of all the armchair quarterbacks is very unfair to the crew. Absolutely no one except for them will know what happened, and until a formal investigation has been completed and agreed upon by all parties the reasons for this unfortunate overrun are purely speculation.
I'm relieved that no one was injured.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

GRK2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:03 am
Donald wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:26 am

Don't drink beer much, but in the interest of keeping this professional(and friendly) I will agree that waiting to hear the final results will be fine. I must say here that the "guessing game" of all the armchair quarterbacks is very unfair to the crew. Absolutely no one except for them will know what happened, and until a formal investigation has been completed and agreed upon by all parties the reasons for this unfortunate overrun are purely speculation.
I'm relieved that no one was injured.
Regardless of the specific cause of this incident, it's not difficult to see that fatigue is an issue on these red-eye routes. It's stupid scheduling and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it played a significant role.

I very much doubt the crew was sleeping all day prior to be ready for this 13 hour overnight duty and it's unrealistic to expect that. Decision making and reactions just aren't the same at 6am when you've been up all night, and probably most of the day before.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

All supported by the most lenient and convoluted duty day regulations of any ICAO country. If the TSB identifies fatigue as "causal" don't expect any changes to arise from the investigation. Transport Canada doesn't have the collective intestinal fortitude to act in a responsible manner and protect the traveling public or the lives of flight crews within Canada

Return to “Flair Airlines”