Westjet MEC is imploding

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Westjet MEC is imploding

Post by Dronepiper »

What’s going on at Westjet? I just heard the union is voting to remove the majority of the MEC. Does this have anything to do with the negotiations of the new CBA?
---------- ADS -----------

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Westjet MEC is imploding

Post by averageatbest »

Dronepiper wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:09 pm What’s going on at Westjet? I just heard the union is voting to remove the majority of the MEC. Does this have anything to do with the negotiations of the new CBA?
Where have you heard this?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Don't know maybe ask your friends at mainline.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

kiaszceski wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:20 pm Don't know maybe ask your friends at mainline.
You: Some vague claim without context or support.

Me: Please provide support for your argument.

You: My argument is not based in fact, so you can go find some evidence to associate with the point I am trying to make.

gswartz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gswartz »

Calm down. The MEC is not imploding. Recalls are a healthy part of any union. The Chair & Vice Chair (good people, valuable service) have stepped down without being recalled and two new members have already been chosen to replace them. We've basically kept a strong pro-pilot MEC in place, just a swap out. Think of the new guys as the existing guys with a sprinkle of "F you, pay me" mentality.

Return to “WestJet”