YYZ Training offers?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

lizaintheair
Rank 0
Rank 0

YYZ Training offers?

Post by lizaintheair »

There are 8 positions for VFR, and 12 positions for IFR at YYZ for spring 2023. Post here if you received an offer! or if you are eligible for one.

Edit: This for those would did Feast in July (or pre pandemic) and Bootcamp in October
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by lizaintheair on Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RicoPewdy93
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Training offers?

Post by RicoPewdy93 »

Are these confirmed numbers? Can I ask where you got this info? I’m still waiting for my bootcamp assessment invitation.

Punipuniikuchan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Punipuniikuchan »

I'm waiting for my bootcamp invite too :rolleyes:
Please post if you receive an invitation

lizaintheair
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lizaintheair »

RicoPewdy93 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:07 am Are these confirmed numbers? Can I ask where you got this info? I’m still waiting for my bootcamp assessment invitation.
I was one of, I assume around 80 people who got invited to the second assessment. They were all done in October (this month) and so we should now be expecting a pass or offer, or anything before Christmas from what we were told. Yes, those were the numbers they told us.

atcguy98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcguy98 »

It looks like people have been getting training offers for March and April 2023 at YVR and YEG throughout the past 1-2 weeks. I assume those at YYZ will start to come out soon.

RicoPewdy93
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RicoPewdy93 »

lizaintheair wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:46 pm
RicoPewdy93 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:07 am Are these confirmed numbers? Can I ask where you got this info? I’m still waiting for my bootcamp assessment invitation.
I was one of, I assume around 80 people who got invited to the second assessment. They were all done in October (this month) and so we should now be expecting a pass or offer, or anything before Christmas from what we were told. Yes, those were the numbers they told us.
Oh okay, makes sense. Out of curiosity can I ask how many people were in a bootcamp session (5-6people?)? Trying to see how you came up with the ~80 estimate.

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

I applied a couple of weeks ago and 'achieved a higher than minimum' score. Still waiting for any invite though.

To those successful people how did the process go after the initial assessment? Emailed request for a second assessment or job invitation?

alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

atcguy98 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:41 am It looks like people have been getting training offers for March and April 2023 at YVR and YEG throughout the past 1-2 weeks. I assume those at YYZ will start to come out soon.
I just had my panel interview for YVR on Thursday. They said there are still spots for March/April, but did not specify which courses.

december
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by december »

I did the bootcamp mid-October and was notified that I was eligible to be considered for a course offer at the end of October.

Now I'm just waiting...hopefully will hear back from them soon!

Last edited by december on Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zyepherjr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Zyepherjr »

Hi all, I suppose I'm one of the 8 who received an offer for VFR at YYZ starting spring 2023. Offer received and accepted nov 15 via phone call. My drug test and cat2 medical are booked for tomorrow and I've heard back from some references who have been contacted by Mintz already.

I had all but given up hope after completing feast and bootcamp in early 2022 after initially applying in 2018 but it seems like things have been moving along quite well post pandemic. Excited for the future and can't wait to meet my fellow classmates and coworkers!

alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

Congrats!

Last edited by alphy89 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiderYYZ
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RiderYYZ »

I also wrote my Feast in July and went back for bootcamp in late October. We were told that we should hear back in 4-12 weeks with those results. They told us that we will be told we passed/failed/or are on Standby at that point. Currently at almost 6 weeks so really should hear back from then anytime soon, super excited and nervous as hell. Best of luck to everyone, hopefully ill see some of you in class soon!

december
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by december »

Zyepherjr wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:36 am Hi all, I suppose I'm one of the 8 who received an offer for VFR at YYZ starting spring 2023. Offer received and accepted nov 15 via phone call. My drug test and cat2 medical are booked for tomorrow and I've heard back from some references who have been contacted by Mintz already.

I had all but given up hope after completing feast and bootcamp in early 2022 after initially applying in 2018 but it seems like things have been moving along quite well post pandemic. Excited for the future and can't wait to meet my fellow classmates and coworkers!
Wow, congrats! I'm glad it paid off after such a long wait.

I was given an IFR standby offer, also via phone call on Nov.15. So, I'm getting the drug test and cat2 medical, but there's no guarantee that a spot will open up...Fingers crossed!

alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

I applied prior to covid too, originally in 2018, and kept it open in Jan 2020 after they emailed asking if I wanted to. Then covid hit. Then the ball got rolling this summer. Fast-forward to Nov 9th I was listed ‘eligible for offer’ but my application ends in January 2023.

Last edited by alphy89 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

alphy89 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:55 am
december wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:05 am
Zyepherjr wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:36 am Hi all, I suppose I'm one of the 8 who received an offer for VFR at YYZ starting spring 2023. Offer received and accepted nov 15 via phone call. My drug test and cat2 medical are booked for tomorrow and I've heard back from some references who have been contacted by Mintz already.

Wow, congrats! I'm glad it paid off after such a long wait.

I was given an IFR standby offer, also via phone call on Nov.15. So, I'm getting the drug test and cat2 medical, but there's no guarantee that a spot will open up...Fingers crossed!
Deleted on request
If I understand the rules correctly, you are safe. You can be at 36 months at any stage of the application before you time out. So I believe you have 36 months from the moment your workday status changed to 'Eligible for Offer' to actually receive an offer.

Shoot an email to atscareers@navcanada.ca to confirm.

I got the info from the following excerpt on navcanada.ca

Please note that throughout the selection process, successfully passing one stage does not guarantee that a candidate will receive an invitation for additional testing. A candidate has 36 months (3 years) to be invited to the next stage in the selection process before their application expires. After the application expires, they may choose to reapply. If at any point in the process a candidate is unsuccessful, there is a 36 month waiting period before they may reapply.

Excerpt from: https://www.navcanada.ca/en/careers/air ... oller.aspx

Best of luck for Toronto.

Last edited by atcthrowawayyy on Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

Thank you! I thought I read that somewhere but couldn't find it again, then read somewhere "your application remains open 3 years from the date of initial application" so it was kind of conflicting information.

I hope it does stay open. I did e-mail them, will wait for a response to confirm.

Thank you!

Jamjam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jamjam »

Received my YYZ IFR training offer by phone on Nov. 8th. Very Exciting

RiderYYZ
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RiderYYZ »

I got the “Eligible for Offer” email today! To say im excited is an understatement! Here’s hoping for that much anticipated call soon!

alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

RiderYYZ wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:07 am I got the “Eligible for Offer” email today! To say im excited is an understatement! Here’s hoping for that much anticipated call soon!
Me too! Good luck! Fingers crossed.

Last edited by alphy89 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

It looks like recruiting for Spring 2023 at YYZ is done. If they continue with the usual trend, the next course will likely be in Fall 2023.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”