FAAAA Exam

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Hotoffthepress
Rank 1
Rank 1

FAAAA Exam

Post by Hotoffthepress »

Dear all.

I'm currently studying towards FAAAA exam (FAA ATP towards TC ATPL)
Powering through the study guide and highlighting the AIM/CAR. I'm also studying the Nizus practice exams for the FAAAA.

Does anyone have experience using Nizus for the FAAAA? I can't find any recommendations or feedback on success rate.

I've heard many good things about pilottrainiing.ca for their course at $130
However Nizus is offering $30 for 3 months of exam practice.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

Tylerjohnston
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: FAAAA Exam

Post by Tylerjohnston »

Spend the money for the Pilot Training FAAAA Course, I used it a few years back for the FAACA and FAAIA exams and it was excellent.

Hotoffthepress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hotoffthepress »

Cheers for the advice.

I sat the FAAAA exam this morning. Passed.

NIZUS covered around 40-50% of the topics seen this morning.

I'm writing to TC to see whether I would be required to sit the FAAIA exam, as my last SIM was the FAA Instrument Proficiency Check in the A320.

Should I be required to sit the FAAIA to transfer the IR across, I'm going straight to PilotTraining.ca

Tylerjohnston
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tylerjohnston »

Glad it all worked out!
I believe if you wrote the FAAAA it combines the two, but I could be completely wrong.
The TC material on the conversation is about as clear as mud, and it is almost impossible to find anyone that knows anything about it.
Hope it all goes well,
Cheers

Hotoffthepress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hotoffthepress »

Tylerjohnston wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:26 am Glad it all worked out!
I believe if you wrote the FAAAA it combines the two, but I could be completely wrong.
The TC material on the conversation is about as clear as mud, and it is almost impossible to find anyone that knows anything about it.
Hope it all goes well,
Cheers
Thank you! Trickier than I thought it would be for sure.

It's funny you mention it, just moments ago I've just received clarification from TC with regards to the FAAAA. I'll post the response below for future reference to all those completing the process. Yes you're right!
FAAAA includes FAAIA.

(TC RESPONSE)

Good Afternoon,

The FAAAA exam includes the FAAIA.
You will need to ensure that you submit the appropriate documents (examples below) as proof of meeting the skill requirement:

Thank you.

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 3.43.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 3.43.34 PM.png (807.94 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newbieyyz »

That was very helpful! I had this doubt too!

mike0892
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0892 »

Hotoffthepress :
Hi, did you have to do both knowlage test`s FAAAA and FAAIA , or the FAAAA exam covers the ATP+instrument airplane?

Mkhussain8i
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mkhussain8i »

Hi i am going for FAAAA exam i have 737-800NG rating need guide lines from where to study what to study any software’s available which one is the best and the cheapest

lee123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lee123 »

Mkhussain8i wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:55 pm Hi i am going for FAAAA exam i have 737-800NG rating need guide lines from where to study what to study any software’s available which one is the best and the cheapest
From what I understand from a few friends who took it, they didn't even study and all passed. If you are an ATPL rated pilot, you should be fine. It's an older exam with lots of VFR type questions.

hbi320
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hbi320 »

Hello fellow aviators I hope everyone is having a good day. I am going to appear for my FAAAA to TC ATPL exam and wondering if anyone remember any questions with their answers that appeared in the exam. I would highly appreciate that. Cheers.

captdres
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by captdres »

Hi hbi320.

how did you do on your FAAAA exam, I have to take that exam as well and I have been using Pilottraining.ca course for the conversion. what did you use to study ?

hbi320
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hbi320 »

I haven't appeared for the exam yet. I am scheduled on the 7th of September. Studying from Pilot training.ca. Wish you best of luck.

captdres
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by captdres »

Hi hai320,

good luck and I hope you do well on your exam today! would love to get some feedback on it as I am scheduled to write it on the 14th of this month if everything goes according to plan.

Return to “Flight Training”