Revolving Doors

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bueno74
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Revolving Doors

Post by Bueno74 »

Maybe they would get better results if they didn't show their hand with statements like:
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operation and to be On-Call unless time off is booked in advance and approved
[/quote]

The precise reason I’m leaving a management company job I enjoy and one that offered promotion. Having to request one of your limited vacation days to show up to anything in your life gets old fast.
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:24 pm
Bueno74 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:26 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 am

ABSOLUTELY, that goes without saying. Some are much worse than others unfortunately. Any company with 15-20 job postings at any one time for is a red flag imo
Flightexec has posted the same job ad 6 times in the last few months. Hmmm…
Maybe they would get better results if they didn't show their hand with statements like:
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operation and to be On-Call unless time off is booked in advance and approved
Well at least they’re transparent about the crap schedule. Some like to tell you there’s a schedule and neglect to inform you that (that is the minimum you’re working for and expect 24/7 on call on top of said schedule).

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Bueno74 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:51 pm Maybe they would get better results if they didn't show their hand with statements like:
The precise reason I’m leaving a management company job I enjoy and one that offered promotion. Having to request one of your limited vacation days to show up to anything in your life gets old fast.
[/quote]

That seems to be pretty standard. It’s a horrible arrangement for employees, awesome for employers.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

ellinas wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:33 am
People are saying there might be a severe shortage of flight instructors by next spring??
Mostly class 2s and 1s. Lots of people during covid didn't bother renewing. Not many class 3s want to upgrade with their eyes on enough spots still open for right seats. While I suppose you could say it doesn't pay enough, when I get asked to instruct again, I just quote one million dollars. I'm not sure that would be enough though.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Squaretail wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:20 am
ellinas wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:33 am
People are saying there might be a severe shortage of flight instructors by next spring??
Mostly class 2s and 1s. Lots of people during covid didn't bother renewing. Not many class 3s want to upgrade with their eyes on enough spots still open for right seats. While I suppose you could say it doesn't pay enough, when I get asked to instruct again, I just quote one million dollars. I'm not sure that would be enough though.
Every facet of Canadas industry is getting it’s ass handed to it these days. Misery here, busy south of the border

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Bueno74 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:58 am 2 hour call-out charter management companies flying CARs maximum.
Exactly why they’re always hiring

Return to “General Comments”