New Flair Tentative Agreement

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

New Flair Tentative Agreement

Post by indieadventurer »

Hearing rumours from folks both at Flair and elsewhere but nothing out in writing yet?

Should be some attention paid to this as it’s one of the first contracts being negotiated during our first real pilot crunch.

Will be telling to see where the bar is set and what the writing between the lines is for the longevity of Flair.
---------- ADS -----------

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New Flair Tentative Agreement

Post by pacman007 »

Did you say Flair will set the bar? 😂

CanadianPilot321
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CanadianPilot321 »

Captain starting pay $ - 147.06 (150,001.20$)
First Officer starting pay $ - 72.03 (73,468.46$)

Salaries based on MMG of 85credits.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

pacman007 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:35 pm Did you say Flair will set the bar? 😂
Certainly have set the bar for ULCCs in Canada. Even paying more than a couple similar sized airlines.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

co-joe wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:17 pm
Certainly have set the bar for ULCCs in Canada. Even paying more than a couple similar sized airlines.

ALPA negotiating team didnt really give a $&&@ about FO’s. Just took all the money and increased the salaries for Captains. FO pay should be 89000 year 1

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Most FO’s and a few Captains decided to vote down. Do not agree to the first TA. HOLD THE LINE

Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:07 pm Most FO’s and a few Captains decided to vote down. Do not agree to the first TA. HOLD THE LINE
So they're still negotiating on whether this payscale should be approved or not. Vote it down..

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:06 pm

ALPA negotiating team didnt really give a $&&@ about FO’s. Just took all the money and increased the salaries for Captains. FO pay should be 89000 year 1
Compared to who? Flair's FO salaries are above industry standard already, the new TBA addresses inflation to keep it that way.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

co-joe wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:44 am

Compared to who? Flair's FO salaries are above industry standard already, the new TBA addresses inflation to keep it that way.
When you compare the benefits its actually lower. Long term it gets worse. Besides you guys increased the MMG so in reality nothing improved. Stop defending it. FO’s will leave by the numbers if it stays like this. Also check out the “me too” clause in Delta’s contract. You guys should think about it because in a couple months when the shortage gets crazy, even $89K would be tough to defend. Sunwing already messed up because it wanted to recruit foreign pilots. I guess your South African venture would also rezult in not being able to recruit anyone. Tread carefully.
VOTE IT DOWN BOYZ AND GALZ!!!!

safetyfirst123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by safetyfirst123 »

What!?!?!?!?

Attachments
PHOTO-2022-12-05-22-30-33.jpg
PHOTO-2022-12-05-22-30-33.jpg (414.18 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
PHOTO-2022-12-05-22-19-54.jpg
PHOTO-2022-12-05-22-19-54.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

safetyfirst123 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:58 am
What!?!?!?!?
It's amazing how fast and hard some people drink the company kool-aid. Those charts are a clear picture of the garbage Canadian companies are peddling and guys sit here and advocate for it. The CA pay scales in Canada are what most FO pay scales look like in the US...not even counting the signing bonuses.

tryingtohide
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tryingtohide »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:28 am

When you compare the benefits its actually lower. Long term it gets worse. Besides you guys increased the MMG so in reality nothing improved. Stop defending it. FO’s will leave by the numbers if it stays like this. Also check out the “me too” clause in Delta’s contract. You guys should think about it because in a couple months when the shortage gets crazy, even $89K would be tough to defend. Sunwing already messed up because it wanted to recruit foreign pilots. I guess your South African venture would also rezult in not being able to recruit anyone. Tread carefully.
VOTE IT DOWN BOYZ AND GALZ!!!!
That "me too" clause is amazing! I wonder what would happen if they all had the same clause 😂

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

Don’t forget that the posted WestJet ans Aircanada wages come with some additional and significant benefits! . WestJet get an additional 20% AC has pension. Both with YOS, better health benefits, flight benefits, bonuses and stability. To work for flair you need to be paid more than the majors just because of stability in my opinion.

Not to mention WestJet is in negotiations right now and could potentially get even more!

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Just talked to a WJ buddy of mine they also get some $7000 annual bonus or something in the spring every year. It had something to do with not having stock anymore.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

pacman007 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:18 am Don’t forget that the posted WestJet ans Aircanada wages come with some additional and significant benefits! . WestJet get an additional 20% AC has pension. Both with YOS, better health benefits, flight benefits, bonuses and stability. To work for flair you need to be paid more than the majors just because of stability in my opinion.

Not to mention WestJet is in negotiations right now and could potentially get even more!
I have spreadsheets on both a currency adjusted and non-currency adjusted basis of CDN Pilot compensation (pension included) vs US Pilot compensation (pension included).

Calling CDN pilot compensation pathetic by comparison is being kind.

Don’t forget that all US Major carriers (both passenger and freight) receive employer supplemental retirement contributions of 16-18% of earned income (W2 slip) to their 401k plans.

CDN pilots are behind in ALL facets of Pilot compensation.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

rudder wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 am
pacman007 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:18 am Don’t forget that the posted WestJet ans Aircanada wages come with some additional and significant benefits! . WestJet get an additional 20% AC has pension. Both with YOS, better health benefits, flight benefits, bonuses and stability. To work for flair you need to be paid more than the majors just because of stability in my opinion.

I have spreadsheets on both a currency adjusted and non-currency adjusted basis of CDN Pilot compensation (pension included) vs US Pilot compensation (pension included).

Calling CDN pilot compensation pathetic by comparison is being kind.

Don’t forget that all US Major carriers (both passenger and freight) receive employer supplemental retirement contributions of 16-18% of earned income (W2 slip) to their 401k plans.

CDN pilots are behind in ALL facets of Pilot compensation.
Now do a spreadsheet on management salaries and bonuses between Canadian and American airlines.

I am POSITIVE you’ll see the same gaps in pay! Right… right?!?! SMH

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

What!?!?!?!?
Exactly, who are you looking at that pays so much more for FO's?

Sunwing $57 402
Air Canada $57 375
Westjet $60 375 (yes I know about the 20%, it's deferred to year 3 though so it's not really year 1 pay now is it?)
Air Transat $62 230
Porter $61 132
Candian North $58 060
Swoop $53 856

Those are hurting numbers.

And Flair $ 73 470

The highest paying first year FO narrow body salary in Canada. It's a 3 year TA of which one year is already behind us and will only be retroactive pay. In 2 years when the economy has tanked, WS and AC have renewed their CBA (or lets face it, WS will likely have to strike to get the backlog of grievances settled) it's up for renewal. It's only a 3 year TA, and it makes lots of key improvements on the old CBA. It's not perfect, but it's a good starting point.

For a bunch of people who haven't even seen the TA you sure are an opinionated bunch. I bet you opened your christmas presents the night before so you could go jump on your parent's bed and cry that you didn't get everything you asked for. We haven't even seen it yet.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

This TA is crap. I hope they all vote no.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

co-joe wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:14 pm
What!?!?!?!?
Exactly, who are you looking at that pays so much more for FO's?

Sunwing $57 402
Air Canada $57 375
Westjet $60 375 (yes I know about the 20%, it's deferred to year 3 though so it's not really year 1 pay now is it?)
Air Transat $62 230
Porter $61 132
Candian North $58 060
Swoop $53 856

Those are hurting numbers.

And Flair $ 73 470

The highest paying first year FO narrow body salary in Canada. It's a 3 year TA of which one year is already behind us and will only be retroactive pay. In 2 years when the economy has tanked, WS and AC have renewed their CBA (or lets face it, WS will likely have to strike to get the backlog of grievances settled) it's up for renewal. It's only a 3 year TA, and it makes lots of key improvements on the old CBA. It's not perfect, but it's a good starting point.

For a bunch of people who haven't even seen the TA you sure are an opinionated bunch. I bet you opened your christmas presents the night before so you could go jump on your parent's bed and cry that you didn't get everything you asked for. We haven't even seen it yet.
67k to 73k for FO while $114k to $150k for CA. Why the FO salary didnt see an increase to $89k to be industry leading. All other companies will increase the salaries too. Are you going to add a “me too” clause? Also why did the MMG increase from 80 to 85. With the increase in mmg, the $6000 increase is a joke. Besides this doesnt factor in inflation. This wont stop us leaving to AC/Transat or even WJ once their new contract is up. The benefits other companies have like pension, 20% match is also a big thing. max 18 days worked???? Are we robots!??? Per diem rate sucks! Check Air Transat’s per diem rate. That is industry leading. Compare our salaries to US and its a shame. You guys are the reason for shortage and low interest in joining this field. Fix it now before it bites you in the $&@. Atleast factor in the inflation. This is getting voted down anyway.

crashpadcommute
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crashpadcommute »

With the increase of MMG to 85 hrs, how many positions are eliminated?

And how many captain spots are subsequently reduced?

What effect does that have on progression?

Return to “Flair Airlines”