Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

fruz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Tell Parliament Now

Post by fruz »

https://alpa.quorum.us/campaign/43250/

This takes two minutes to complete. This isn't just helping a single pilot group. This is helping all of us. Fill it out.
---------- ADS -----------

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Tell Parliament Now

Post by alkaseltzer »

fruz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:08 pm https://alpa.quorum.us/campaign/43250/

This takes two minutes to complete. This isn't just helping a single pilot group. This is helping all of us. Fill it out.
Does ALPA represent the trainers and checkers?
Solidarity would mean refusing to train non-ALPA pilots, correct?

Why would anyone sign this?

If it increases the odds of seeing Omar’s new socks, I may bite.

fruz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fruz »

This helps ALL pilots. Does ALPA need to specifically represent trainers and checkers now? Do trainers and checkers need to be treated differently? Sign it if you want to affect change. I don't give a shit about anyones socks. If you think this helps him, pull your head out of your ass - this doesn't.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

But bruh. Affecting change on personal attacks over strategy is tiresome.

But you do you. Bruh.

:lol:

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

The point is to keep Canadian pilots in Canadian flight decks. How can we see better wages and working conditions in Canada if the employers have a cheap get out of paying a pilot what he/she’s worth card? Our American counterparts don’t stand for this .. evident by the campaign against sponsoring pilots. This is an opportunity for Canadian pilots to show a united front, hopefully it gains traction and we can maintain that going forward. Time will tell …

Not sure how this affects you as a trainer or checker considering every simulator is running beyond capacity in the country.

ALPA or not, this is in all our interest and I’d ask that you seriously consider adding your voice.

Cheers.

Alkasultzer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alkasultzer »

Localizer wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:53 pm The point is to keep Canadian pilots in Canadian flight decks. How can we see better wages and working conditions in Canada if the employers have a cheap get out of paying a pilot what he/she’s worth card? Our American counterparts don’t stand for this .. evident by the campaign against sponsoring pilots. This is an opportunity for Canadian pilots to show a united front, hopefully it gains traction and we can maintain that going forward. Time will tell …

Not sure how this affects you as a trainer or checker considering every simulator is running beyond capacity in the country.

ALPA or not, this is in all our interest and I’d ask that you seriously consider adding your voice.

Cheers.
Great points. I signed.

Cheers

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”