On-Line License Renewal

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

edmanster
Rank 2
Rank 2

On-Line License Renewal

Post by edmanster »

First time i renewed my AME License on-line. I usually renew in district office (or company i work for does it).
(this time 6 months expired & solo)

Has anyone figure out the system ?
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/licens ... me-licence

1/ They keep harping about filling out the AME License Application form ..
- but you can complete the entire process & they do not ask for it - nor do they tell you what to do with it.
2/ Prices vary depending on renewal /Re-issue .. $40 / $115
definitions (as i understand)
Renew is $40 / Licence still valid
Re-issue is $115 / License less 1 year expired
Issuance => $115 / Licence more than 1 year expired & you have to re-write exams.
3/ Also .. can only pay Visa .. No direct BANK debit service ..

couple of weeks ago sent an email query - no response.
Expect a chastising email from TC about the Application form someday ..
.. Any other experiences ?
---------- ADS -----------

Hugh Jasshole
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: On-Line License Renewal

Post by Hugh Jasshole »

I renewed mine Nov 25th. I had to update my Adobe on my computer to be able to read the online PDF form. It also took me a while to figure out the digital signature on the PDF form from the website. Once I figured that out, I paid the $40 and got my proof of payment. Emailed both items and I received my new license on Monday. Once submitted it only took about 10 days to receive my new license. I can forward the generic email from our training department with all the links and all the steps required if you send me an email?

edmanster
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by edmanster »

After more reading .. discovered that the Application Form has a page 2 that contains the email addresses of district offices .. Was initially expecting a attach form & payment on the same web page. Did not expect a distinct separate email action ..
also - good point about the electronic pdf email .. that also took some time to figure out.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

edmanster wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:24 am First time i renewed my AME License on-line. I usually renew in district office (or company i work for does it).
(this time 6 months expired & solo)

Has anyone figure out the system ?
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/licens ... me-licence

1/ They keep harping about filling out the AME License Application form ..
- but you can complete the entire process & they do not ask for it - nor do they tell you what to do with it.
2/ Prices vary depending on renewal /Re-issue .. $40 / $115
definitions (as i understand)
Renew is $40 / Licence still valid
Re-issue is $115 / License less 1 year expired
Issuance => $115 / Licence more than 1 year expired & you have to re-write exams.
3/ Also .. can only pay Visa .. No direct BANK debit service ..

couple of weeks ago sent an email query - no response.
Expect a chastising email from TC about the Application form someday ..
.. Any other experiences ?

12) Reissue.

(a) Holders of licenses that have been expired for less than one year will be issued with a new licence upon submission of an application form 24-0083 and payment of the appropriate charge set forth in CAR 104.
(b) Holders of licenses that have been expired for one year or more, will be issued with a new licence upon submission of an application form 24-0083, successful completion of the regulatory requirements examination, and payment of the appropriate charge set forth in CAR 104.

That is correct

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

I just recently renewed mine and took the steps that Hugh Jasshole ( love that name btw) did. It took over a month for the new license to come. They had emailed me and asked for me to prove my citizenship before they would renew. I told them to go *&%! themselves. Been licensed for 32 years and have never been asked this stupid question before. I quoted Cars and parts of the Aeronautics Act in my reply to them and asked how could it have been possible for me to be currently licensed if I didn't already have proven citizenship? I did not give them proof. Just gave them lip. I'm sure if they had used common sense upon my initial renewal application, it would have been processed in a couple weeks if not sooner.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:34 am I just recently renewed mine and took the steps that Hugh Jasshole ( love that name btw) did. It took over a month for the new license to come. They had emailed me and asked for me to prove my citizenship before they would renew. I told them to go *&%! themselves. Been licensed for 32 years and have never been asked this stupid question before. I quoted Cars and parts of the Aeronautics Act in my reply to them and asked how could it have been possible for me to be currently licensed if I didn't already have proven citizenship? I did not give them proof. Just gave them lip. I'm sure if they had used common sense upon my initial renewal application, it would have been processed in a couple weeks if not sooner.
There’s been a big turnover in every department at tc recently. I think a lot of it is system changes and inexperienced staffing

Return to “Maintenance”