Remote Helicopters

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Remote Helicopters

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Anyone hear anything about a shakeup there? I heard a few rumours about a possible closure but they are just that, rumours. They’ve certainly expanded base wise over the past few years.
---------- ADS -----------

Fishizl
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Remote Helicopters

Post by Fishizl »

heard the same thing a week or so ago.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Fishizl wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:12 pm heard the same thing a week or so ago.
Allegedly shut down 3-4 weeks ago but no confirmation or official releases. It’s all just rumours until something is official. I’d wager there might be a major restructure or change of ownership perhaps, kinda like what happened with elbow and blackomb. Who knows it’s all rumours for now.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Well the majority of their fleet is for sale as of yesterday, looks legit sadly. Was such a great company to work for once upon a time. I can’t speak for recent years. We’re witnessing the end of an era.

https://helitrader.com/?mnp=0&mxp=10000 ... 1=&PT=&P1=

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

Be interesting as to why they decided to end operations. Lack of pilots and engineers and having to open the wallet to pay more to stay operational? Or just saying to @#$! with it, tired of having to keep their tariffs low to compete against low ballers in the industry, therefor the margins are just not there to keep the company a going concern.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:58 am Be interesting as to why they decided to end operations. Lack of pilots and engineers and having to open the wallet to pay more to stay operational? Or just saying to @#$! with it, tired of having to keep their tariffs low to compete against low ballers in the industry, therefor the margins are just not there to keep the company a going concern.
There’s no lack of aircrew but a lack of the ones willing to work for scraps. I think it’s probably a little of everything you described. It’s a very tough market. I don’t know how anyone can compete against some of these grossly low rates some operators elect to put up. That said, aircraft are a good asset to make money “disappear”. I didn’t use the L word but I’m sure lots like to move money in and out of aircraft for fancy accounting reasons.

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:18 am ..... I didn’t use the L word but I’m sure lots like to move money in and out of aircraft for fancy accounting reasons.
Nooooooooo. This industry is full of tie wearing, professionals who come from honorable backgrounds who wouldn't dare muddy our sector. You take that back!

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:50 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:18 am ..... I didn’t use the L word but I’m sure lots like to move money in and out of aircraft for fancy accounting reasons.
Nooooooooo. This industry is full of tie wearing, professionals who come from honorable backgrounds who wouldn't dare muddy our sector. You take that back!
Oops! Did I spill the beans?!?! 😂

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 am Oops! Did I spill the beans?!?! 😂
LOL, not in reference to this company, but have seen it in others.

On another note, was talking to management today, and brought up Remote closing their doors. I wondered out loud if any of their now available 212 guys might be looking for work. (We could use a real good 212 guy). Apparently they have already found other jobs and we were late for the pickings. Im glad to hear fellow engineers found work so fast.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

SeptRepair wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:51 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 am Oops! Did I spill the beans?!?! 😂
LOL, not in reference to this company, but have seen it in others.

On another note, was talking to management today, and brought up Remote closing their doors. I wondered out loud if any of their now available 212 guys might be looking for work. (We could use a real good 212 guy). Apparently they have already found other jobs and we were late for the pickings. Im glad to hear fellow engineers found work so fast.
I wasn’t referring to them either in my snide remark directed at aviation in general. Yes there were one or two good medium guys, all have options. Westpoint will do well with green licenses again this winter. I don’t care, I’m glad experienced guys have options and will hopefully stick to their guns with any other future negotiations.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”