Group 1 IFR Sign Off

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

mc97
Rank 0
Rank 0

Group 1 IFR Sign Off

Post by mc97 »

Good day,
Currently waiting to get my Group 1 IFR signed off on, I finished my Group 1 flight test in October (using the TC exemption to do the flight test before the written) out of province then finished the INRAT in November. As I understood a TC authorized person could sign my license off once that was done. However, when I went to my local flight training unit where I have completed the PPL/CPL they informed me they could not sign it off (I had a copy of my INRAT pass and flight test pass). Been waiting to hear from TC for over a month now if any authorized person could sign it off for me, no answers yet. Anyone have a solid answer about this?
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Group 1 IFR Sign Off

Post by Bede »

Why couldn’t they sign it off?

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Easiest route is to go to the PE who did your IFR flight test with your INRAT results and get them to sign it off. Normally they would sign your ADB on completion of the flight test because the INRAT was a ride prerequisite. In your case the order is reversed.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Different APs have different authorizations. ME/IFR examiners are always authorized to sign off a new group 1 so that’s your best bet.

Alternatively you can book an appointment at a TC office, and take your application paperwork to submit at the same time.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “Flight Training”