Ground School Invites

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Ground School Invites

Post by Vanguard »

You’re right and thank you for that. I will apologize for the personal attacks I have made and will take it down a notch for sure.

I have nothing against him personally but I am extremely disappointed as should anyone that plans to have a career in Canada, that people like him hold our industry back and continue to defend the way they think.

Flair Pilots, I wish you could see what we all see. We will never be paid as much as US pilots however none of us are worth less than half with the experience we being doing the same job as our neighbours down south.
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Yogi21 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:26 am I believe you hear back within a month. After that its anybody’s guess. Stuck in the pool and waiting on GS date. I’m hoping it will be Feb/March for us with only 704 time.

Does anyone know where is the groundschool held?
The ground schools are now exclusively held in our new Toronto office.

medo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by medo »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:39 am
Yogi21 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:26 am I believe you hear back within a month. After that its anybody’s guess. Stuck in the pool and waiting on GS date. I’m hoping it will be Feb/March for us with only 704 time.

What about sims??

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

medo wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:07 am
tbaylx wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:39 am

What about sims??
Toronto and Miami for the most part. We have used Gatwick and Montreal for overflow however with the new Max sim in YYZ we are primarily maxing that out first then Miami.
The training department is working on another location for overflow as well but it's not finalized as of yet.

J73
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by J73 »

How are pilot bases decided for new hires?

tryingtohide
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tryingtohide »

According to the welcome package, the dress code for ground school is business casual. Would nice jeans and a dress shirt be suitable? PM if you prefer

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

J73 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:13 pm How are pilot bases decided for new hires?
New hires are asked to submit their base bids prior to day 1. Usually a couple of days before ground school base awards are sent out. Most pilots are awarded first choice currently or hold it within months

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

:wink: yeah
tryingtohide wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:48 pm According to the welcome package, the dress code for ground school is business casual. Would nice jeans and a dress shirt be suitable? PM if you prefer
That’s fine, we’re not terribly picky as long as you don’t show up in ripped jeans and flip flops.

MAX8 Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MAX8 Driver »

Sharp looking jeans are approved. Hell, management genuinely wants to sit down and have dinner and beers with you after work even. It's refreshing.

pirep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pirep »

Is the January GS full?

Wondering as I got an automated email back in december for january or march GS availability and nothing so far.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

pirep wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:33 pm Is the January GS full?

Wondering as I got an automated email back in december for january or march GS availability and nothing so far.
There are two GS in January, the first is full invites for the second one will go out this week. If you have specific questions you can reach the recruiting team at the email they should have provided. If you don't have it DM me and I'll send it to you.

acltpe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by acltpe »

Hi, I am also awaiting a reply from recruiting on a February course. I am also new to this form so I can't send a private message. Any information would be appreciated.

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

acltpe wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:15 pm Hi, I am also awaiting a reply from recruiting on a February course. I am also new to this form so I can't send a private message. Any information would be appreciated.
email pilotjobs@flyflair.com they will reply to any questions you have

Return to “Flair Airlines”