rebuild the arrow petition

Any comments or suggestions can be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, avcanada

n0m4official
Rank 0
Rank 0

rebuild the arrow petition

Post by n0m4official »

found this petition to rebuild the arrow, thought I should post it here

https://chng.it/SZ5Q9Xj2hr
---------- ADS -----------

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: rebuild the arrow petition

Post by Meatservo »

Although a romantic and exciting idea to see an Arrow flying, this idea makes about as much sense as NASA basing their return to the moon on The Saturn V and Apollo-era CSM/LEM. Actually it makes less sense, because the '60s era stuff, if built correctly, would still probably be able to go to the moon, at great cost. But a re-vamped Arrow would have to be altered beyond recognition in order to stand a chance of being a viable platform for combat.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

https://www.avromuseum.com/

60% scale in composite slowly being built in Springbank AB. As Meatservo says, it's a nice idea but......

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Holy shit, they're not building a model, they took two engines out of a Lear 35 and are planning to fly that thing?

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Meatservo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:47 am Although a romantic and exciting idea to see an Arrow flying, this idea makes about as much sense as NASA basing their return to the moon on The Saturn V and Apollo-era CSM/LEM. Actually it makes less sense, because the '60s era stuff, if built correctly, would still probably be able to go to the moon, at great cost. But a re-vamped Arrow would have to be altered beyond recognition in order to stand a chance of being a viable platform for combat.
I know, ridiculous. Instead they are using the best 1970s technology like boosters based on the SRBs and the actual SSMEs (except they are expendable now) to propel the 'You Won't Believe it isn't Apollo!" Orion capsule.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

The biggest issue is that the original design was analog and everything now is digital.

Not a simple task to convert an analog platform to a digital platform. You'd need to write software from scratch for example.

This is also one of the main reasons why you couldn't build a Saturn V - the ring that was shed during staging contained a lot of analog modules (if I understood the documentary correctly).

You would need to start with a blank sheet of paper. Jmho

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business

Return to “Forum Suggestion and Announcements”