Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ainanalee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Post by ainanalee »

Happy New Year! Wondering if anyone can share the FA questions they got for their 2nd interview (Virtual Interview with HR) I would like to familiarize myself on the probable questions as much as possible

Also, for FA Training, does anyone know if theres a scheduled training date for Jazz anytime this year? Thanks :rolleyes: :bear:
---------- ADS -----------

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Post by iflygirl_92 »

They will ask you questions along the line of how you deal with conflict, how you work with the public and get along with people. They will try to get a feel of your demeanour, your attitude and to see how your stress levels are with a constantly changing environment, everybody thinks a flight attendant is an easy but there's a lot of tasks and emergency procedures that need to be known not just on one airplane put the entire fleet. So most important is to be honest think your question through and don't try to overthink it.
They'll ask you a couple of scenario base questions as well, and how you would deal with them, just remember it's all about conflict management with dealing with the public and respecting the company's rules, chain of command and SOPs.
Also, you get paid on a credit basis up to 85 credits a month so your hourly rate may look good on paper, but it's based off of your actual credit, so might as well cut it in half for the amount of time you put in.
I hope this information helps.
Good luck on the interview.

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

It's a very good point about the pay. Lots of new FAs are very disappointed after training when they discover that the posted hourly wage really doesn't correspond to the hourly wages of a 40 hour/week job. Given that you do about 85 credit hours per month, expect around $26k/year to start, assuming a posted wage of $26/hr. You can find collective agreements online to get an idea of how the pay increases with seniority and see if it's acceptable to you.

In case it happens to interest you, Air Canada Mainline is currently collecting applications "in anticipation" on their Careers page. They start at around $28 per flight hour. Not that Mainline is necessarily a better fit for everyone than Jazz is, but the salary potential is bigger, long term. (Jazz apparently tops out at around $56/hr after 18(?!) years, while Mainline will have you at $60ish after 9 years, or into the $80s if you're flying on wide bodies as a service director.)

I have no useful info to share regarding interview questions other than to offer that I don't believe it's worthwhile to try to game interview questions. If you show that you're personable, work well in a team, and have the capacity to learn procedures, you'll likely do well. Speaking French is a significant asset.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

I’m Not a flight attendant but I do know they ask similar questions in pilot interviews.

Expect “tell us a time….” Type questions.

Example:

Tell us a time where you disagreed with a coworkers decision and how did you resolve it.

Tell us a time where you went above and beyond the call of duty.

Also, do a little research on the company before you walk into the room. Knowing the fleet types and how the airline became to be will surely push you up the ladder ranks.

Most importantly, be yourself and don’t lie.

There’s a lot of material on behavioral interview questions.

What interviewers are looking for is not necessarily the answer itself but how you answer the question. Look up STAR method for interview answers.

Good luck!

undashflyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by undashflyer »

As a FA I highly recommend you join the FB group 'Flight Attendant Canada'.

Several Jazz FAs and many others from other companies share info, tips, job postings, etc..

You will find all the relevant info you need there.

Let me just say we are done with the carry-on baggage discussion.
wilbursuemimi2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wilbursuemimi2 »

Can anyone tell me what the French Hirevue Interview questions for F/A position? Mon francais est tres rouille.lol

undashflyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by undashflyer »

@wilbursuemimi2
See my post above and check out the Facebook group for a trove of answers to your questions.

Let me just say we are done with the carry-on baggage discussion.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”