Most likely locations for YUL FIR

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Most likely locations for YUL FIR

Post by martrolo »

Hi!

I'm wondering for any one out there that has information about that: among the VFR facilities in Montréal FIR, what are the ones that I am most likely to work at? Where do people in training usually go to?
Thanks in advance for the replies!
---------- ADS -----------

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Most likely locations for YUL FIR

Post by Braun »

Honestly, we are short in pretty much every single unit. VFR, IFR or FSS. Hard to answer!

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martrolo »

Braun wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:03 pm Honestly, we are short in pretty much every single unit. VFR, IFR or FSS. Hard to answer!
Oh okay that's great to know, at least it means they need people, so I have more chances of being picked for training haha, merci

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

martrolo wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:24 pm
Braun wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:03 pm Honestly, we are short in pretty much every single unit. VFR, IFR or FSS. Hard to answer!
Oh okay that's great to know, at least it means they need people, so I have more chances of being picked for training haha, merci
Definitely! If you’re interested apply ASAP. The process can be quite long and depending on what job your interested in there are still very limited spaces for training every year.

martrolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martrolo »

Braun wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:47 am
Definitely! If you’re interested apply ASAP. The process can be quite long and depending on what job your interested in there are still very limited spaces for training every year.
Actually I already applied & went through all the testing! I am now eligible for offer since december, now waiting to see if I'll get any training spot :)

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

martrolo wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:04 am

Actually I already applied & went through all the testing! I am now eligible for offer since december, now waiting to see if I'll get any training spot :)
Congrats! Good luck!

ide4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ide4 »

martrolo wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:04 am

So @martrolo did you have any invite ?

nutlord
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nutlord »

Do the different regions hire at a different pace? I applied to YVR, with the hope of staying in the lower mainland. Did the online testing, and am waiting to hear about next steps.

AdonisC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AdonisC »

If you are invited for further testing it will be in the ACC in YUL region. As well as your online interview and in-person interview.

Technically, if you are given a training opportunity, if could be at any ACC (if you select 'willing to relocate' across Canada in the interview), otherwise you will be limiting yourself to YUL FIR only. This would mean whatever course you are offered initial training will be in YUL ACC and then on-the-job training could be at any tower in Canada (for VFR specifically). IFR would be training/on-the-job training entirely at that ACC. I can't talk about FSS or FIC because I never pursued those nor was offered those positions.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”