Transport Canada Ame exams

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Transport Canada Ame exams

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:40 am I've noticed that in the last decade, or so. Reading and comprehension are seriously in the toilet with the millenial newbs and oddly they are defensive over it when you point it out.

Generally there's reference to "grammar police" and an inference of "okay boomer" as a response to their stupidity and basic comprehension. I guess it's cool to be stupid these days.

I watched this movie years ago and had a "Yeah right" mentality afterwards. It was funny, but I thought completely unbelieveable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk

Now, it's not so funny
It’s a great movie, and very true
---------- ADS -----------

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Dash8-400 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:52 pm Very few guys pass the tests on there own. Most have to do the prep course in Manitoba offered by Stevenson college. This is the route I would go, or just go back to school and do an approved course.
Really???

Out of the dozens of AME's I know, one went to the refresher course and passed while another still failed after taking it. Almost nobody I know had to go take the special ed course to pass the exams.

But I guess its a sign of the times that offering coddling special ed services to mediocre people is now normal. it wasnt 20+ years ago and people managed all on their own.

amologon@gmail.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by amologon@gmail.com »

Hello Guys,
I am Amol, an AME working in middle East sincere decade, i want to attend TCCA AME exams for E rating. I tried to get everywhere for study online classes or study materials including Red river College etc etc, but no luck.

I am requesting you guys if you have any study materials or notes or any idea to do pass the exams, kindly let me know asap as i have only 2 months to clear it.

Your small efforts can save me, i really appreciate for your support in this world.
Email: amologon@gmail.com

Thanks guys and cheers.
Amol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

amologon@gmail.com wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:30 am Hello Guys,
I am Amol, an AME working in middle East sincere decade, i want to attend TCCA AME exams for E rating. I tried to get everywhere for study online classes or study materials including Red river College etc etc, but no luck.

I am requesting you guys if you have any study materials or notes or any idea to do pass the exams, kindly let me know asap as i have only 2 months to clear it.

Your small efforts can save me, i really appreciate for your support in this world.

Thanks guys and cheers.
Amol
…… oh dear

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

That’s awesome! Just awesome.

amologon@gmail.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by amologon@gmail.com »

↑Hello Guys,

Thanks guys and cheers.
Amol

nine sixteenths
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nine sixteenths »

amologon@gmail.com wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:03 am ↑Hello Guys,

Thanks guys and cheers.
Amol
If you want to be an AME in Canada, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the TC websites, CARs regs and standards. There is a whole section on there that describes what an AME-E (or M, or S) exam will have on it, in general terms, as well as regs exams, and reference study material.

I’m not providing a direct link, think of this as an opportunity to practice navigating that website and find the information you’ll need. It’s not a hard thing to find, took me less than 30sec to confirm it was still on there. Some of the listed publications are outdated, but many are available online for free. And many you likely won’t need if you are already a practicing AME in your home country and took schooling on the technical knowledge already.

jojo7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jojo7 »

Do you guys know of any AME (M) refresher courses offered in or around the GTA region? Currently studying on my own, but would love to attend if there's a refresher course offered near me. Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Look first in the job ads and then make sure you want to pursue it. 27/hr for a “junior” AME is what is out there. Sad but true. This is from a fairly well established outfit who in all honesty should know better. Enjoy your career full of dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:37 pm Look first in the job ads and then make sure you want to pursue it. 27/hr for a “junior” AME is what is out there. Sad but true. This is from a fairly well established outfit who in all honesty should know better. Enjoy your career full of dissatisfaction and disappointment.
+1 unfortunately, my advice, get the license and sell yourself into a technical job that actually pays

Return to “Maintenance”