Collusion with Wages

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Collusion with Wages

Post by Dronepiper »

I know the westjet MEC and most of it’s membership is pretty militant right now. They are very unhappy, and they aren’t going to take no for an answer based on what I have heard. They have already brought up their desire to strike if needed. The only hope is that they won’t be forced back to work by the government. Part of me doesn’t think they will force back to work legislation because there are so many other options for travellers in Canada right now that the government may feel there isn’t a need. As terrible as Trudeau is, he DID express his dissatisfaction with the Ford government when they pushed back to work legislation on the education workers……so there could be hope.

I don’t expect the wages the US has (I mean a 2nd/3rd year delta 737 FO makes more money then a 10 year 737 captain at Westjet) but it would be nice to see wages come up by at least 30-40% across the board.
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

If the Westjet group does walk, and they do get forced back. I think they should 100% tell the Feds to pound sand, walk off the job and every other airline pilot does the same.

Just look at what happened when this occurred in Ontario.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Hopeful that the WJ pilots strike, and aren't forced back to work. Would set a precedent for all the other airlines (especially AC) as they enter into contract negotiations in the fall.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Forced back to work... lol

The company already made their sick days "use it or lose it" and the strike would need to happen May onward (I believe).

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”