TA Passed

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: TA Passed

Post by thepoors »

khedrei wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:05 pm Hell, I'd sell everything I have and walk to work at MaCdonalds.
I think maybe this is what you're best suited for.
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:34 am
TheStig wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:52 am
co-joe wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:08 pm
When we did take a pay cut is at the bottom of Covid, we agreed to half time pay for half a block for a couple of months to save the company That felt highly honourable, and likely there wouldn't be a Flair sub forum here if we hadn't.
Likely one of the most embarrassing things I've ever read on this forum.
Pretty interesting considering WestJet pilots did the exact same thing.

https://www.alpa.org/en/about-alpa/our- ... ps/westjet
The pilots had already made sacrifices to help the company survive during the pandemic, including agreeing to massive pay cuts.
We took a 50% MMG and stayed at home getting paid for free for 2 months, but you took a "massive pay cut" according to ALPA. I think you're the one who should be embarrassed.

Anonymouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Anonymouse »

The pay cut I was talking to was the 3% pay raise FOs were given when inflation since 2020 is almost triple that.

A pay raise that doesn't at least match inflation is a pay cut.

Tdicommuter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tdicommuter »

Here is the reason you should have fixed f/o rates when you had the chance. There is now a cadet program. How long will those guys PAY the airline to work for them while they are stuck on the crappy f/o scale.

Shame on the people who said "this is only a three year deal", "people upgrade immediately so you will never have to progress through it" . Those people are the ones who look at WestJet and Air Canada and say a disservice has been done to junior pilots, what this contract now does is even worse. Hubris would be nice to say ooops we dropped the ball. If not than a strong " I don't care about junior people, this was good for me". That's the stupid selfish crap dragging Canadian pilots down.

Return to “Flair Airlines”